PDA

View Full Version : ICE advice needed (Sub n' Amp)

adam2472
15-04-03, 07:48 PM
oki people im looling to get a sub and amp for me nova :) .. i dunt wana spend to much.. at the moment i have pioneer 4500r head unit and them sony Xplod speakers outa the argos mag :P im thinking of gettin,,...

AMP - Pioneer GM-X362(max 200w) , ?84.99 from letsbuycaraudio.com
SUB - PIO-TSW304C & BOX(max 600w), ?69.00 from mcs-direct.com (on special offer page)

as ya can see i wana stick with pioneer stuff :P.. i know the amp aint that powerfull but when i want somein a bit more beefy i can get a better amp and then maybe use that 1 for me sony speakers.. this is the kinda budget i wana stick around,, as i got get a wiring kit which i think will be aorund ?30 and do a icle boot instal to stick it into..

if ne-body has got ne of these could you tell me if its ne decent.. or if ne body has got some better ideas please let me know..

cheers adam

Ballsy
15-04-03, 10:58 PM
dont buy sony xplode stuff, its pants

You are better off trying to save up some more cash a buy a more expensive set ov componets for the front to go with ur sub and amp

have you listened to ur choice ov sub and amp?? its better popin along to ur local ice dealer or even halfords (just dont buy nothin from there) and ask to hear ur sub and amp choice and various other set ups

Ballsy

adam2472
15-04-03, 11:02 PM
well i dunt think that they got that amp or sub at halfords,, and there aint many ice shops down ere in cornwall.. as for the sony 6x9's i already have them and i recon they sound preety gud for 40 quid..

however will it be ok to run that sub from that amp.. the amp round overheat or nething trying to power it will it??..

adam2472
24-04-03, 08:18 PM
well i got all tha stuff and wired it in,.. soundin gud.. ive made a false chipboard floor and bolted the sub box to it.. what i wana do is bolt the false floor to the boot well.. this must have been done befor just wondering if nebodys got ne suggestions.. i.e weres the best places to bolt it without it being to much trouble and will it be sercure?