PDA

View Full Version : Over fueling

Markd89
14-03-10, 12:18 PM
Hi,
I've just put a 1.6 8v C16SE engine into my corsa, after lots of problems with the crank i now have it all sorted and fitted
i went to start it and it wouldnt, i checked the plugs and they where soaked in petrol i cleaned them up set fire to them and popped them back in

tried to start it again and exactly the same thing, for some reason its overfueling does anyone have any ideas on what i can try ?

i have a decent spark

cheers

comptoncj
14-03-10, 12:22 PM
coil pack or dizzy? check earths and obvious things as that could effect it, i would say if theyre soaked it could be the fact the spark isnt as good as it should be. i thought my xe was overfuelling but it just turned out it was a weak spark, changed some bits and it fired up. Also have you checked the crank sensor it working properly?

Markd89
14-03-10, 12:25 PM
its a coil pack engine, i ran a jump lead from the battery to the chasis, gearbox etc and still no luck.
i haven't checked the crank sensor yet, i will try that now as i have a spare.

What bits did you change over ?

Im also running a MPI fuel pump from a corsasport

comptoncj
14-03-10, 12:27 PM
The pump will be fine im running one of those on my xe, well i changed the cap n rotor arm n it was 100% better. would be worth checking the crank sensor, valve timing ok?

Markd89
14-03-10, 12:32 PM
The timing is spot on not even a quater of a tooth out, i though it could be 180 out but swapped lead 1 and 4 over but still nothing.

What about the coolant temp sensor ? ( doing some research )

How would the crank sensor make it overfuel, or not enough spark ?

Cheers for your help mate

comptoncj
14-03-10, 12:38 PM
Crank sensor controls when it sparks and when it fuels, i very much doubt you would time it up 180 out as long as all the marks line up.

Markd89
14-03-10, 12:40 PM
All the marks line up fine, but i have replaced the crank so i wasnt sure it was very doubtfull but worth the try, i will try the crank sensor, if no look with that what else could i try ?
im just trying to rule down all the possibilities first

comptoncj
14-03-10, 01:06 PM
you tried getting some flash codes off the ecu light?

Markd89
14-03-10, 01:23 PM
Yea, just the standard "12" no other codes have come up

i've just tried the crank sensor with no luck, also cleaned the CTS sensor
Just tried a different ecu also

Markd89
14-03-10, 03:48 PM
Maybe one for an auto electrician as im thinking a faulty sensor ive tested the basics on them and they are fine

Markd89
17-03-10, 06:26 PM
up

any ideas ? still wont start