PDA

View Full Version : best to go for

waynes sri
13-03-10, 06:50 PM
when i have the car painted im doing the bumpers in the colour same as the vinly but not having them smooth but what do you thinks best have them in a gloss finish or a matt finish?? or a satin if thats any different lol

mowgli
13-03-10, 06:53 PM
do whichever you like best.....

maybe get one off a scrapper & do some trial bits.

waynes sri
13-03-10, 07:00 PM
do whichever you like best.....

maybe get one off a scrapper & do some trial bits. ye that is true just tryin to see what people think:)

mowgli
13-03-10, 07:53 PM
you will get 4 different schools of thought

shiny
matt
colour coded
stock

and lots of opinions.

i went looking for stock with mine, because thats what i wanted, it is sort of satin & that is fine for me.

craig green
13-03-10, 08:38 PM
Matt is an overused phrase & really is very rough & doesnt showcase any colours well at all, not to mention it will grind bits off your sponge when you wash them.

Using a satin finish will be best IMO. Depending how far the paint nozzle is from the bumpers, you can get a 'dryer' looking finish if the paint partially dries when it has further to land on the panel being painted.

waynes sri
15-03-10, 02:55 PM
Matt is an overused phrase & really is very rough & doesnt showcase any colours well at all, not to mention it will grind bits off your sponge when you wash them.

Using a satin finish will be best IMO. Depending how far the paint nozzle is from the bumpers, you can get a 'dryer' looking finish if the paint partially dries when it has further to land on the panel being painted.
yes i was thinking of a satin look just so its not got too much of a shine if you get what i mean

brainsnova
15-03-10, 03:05 PM
im doing my transit wheels satin black as matt looks poop and gloss is too shiney so satin is a happy medium.