PDA

View Full Version : 1300 on bike carbs not firing

mk1nova_rich
13-03-10, 12:28 PM
I have just tried starting my 1300 on CBR900 carbs and it wont fire.

All the ignition components work as they started it on a standard carb. The timing is out though (i have just turned the dizzy summat like)

The carbs are just filling up with fuel and spitting it back out onto the bulkhead.

I was wondering if the ignition live feed that connects to the 2E3 needs to connect to anything as it is now redundant?!

Any other ideas welcome while i re-charge the battery again. Thanks

Southie
13-03-10, 12:36 PM
Have you fitted a fuel pressure regulator as they should run at 3psi. Also have the carbs been jetted correctly for your engine. I had mine properley set up on a rolling road which do bikes so they could adjust each carb correctly to each port.

mk1nova_rich
13-03-10, 12:40 PM
yes i have the fuel regulator. Jets may need opening slightly but surely i should be able to start it? Just need to check the conversion works before getting the carbs set up properly

Adam
13-03-10, 12:40 PM
And no you dont need that ign feed.

Pump/Reg does sound wrong tbh as the carb floats should shut the needles off once the bowls are full to stop fuel leaking.

What pump/reg are you using?

mk1nova_rich
13-03-10, 12:42 PM
standard mechanical and one of them sytec 1-5psi regulators

Southie
13-03-10, 12:43 PM
Are you running the standard pump of the engine or have you fitted a facet one. In all fairness mine ran fine off the engine pump.

Edit: Slow connection means I'll leave Adam too it lol

mk1nova_rich
13-03-10, 12:44 PM
standard cam-driven pump Southie

mk1nova_rich
13-03-10, 12:52 PM
any ideas Adam?

Angus Closier
13-03-10, 01:12 PM
Are the carbs from a working bike? have they not been set up? even serviced? might sound stupid but might want to do these things (getting set up) before you start and run the risk of damage to engine/carbs

mowgli
13-03-10, 01:52 PM
i'd guess that they are massively over fuelling... they are set up for what, 130+hp from stock, you need to really weaken the mixture

Adam
13-03-10, 08:07 PM
Chances are youve flooded the plugs now too.

When you say youve turned the dizzy? By how much? Maybe youve put the timing a mile out

mk1nova_rich
13-03-10, 08:30 PM
i have set it roughly how it looks on photos. Was a good 30 degrees out. Yep plugs were soaked, should i take them out and then turn engine over on starter with no fuel?!

Adam
13-03-10, 08:34 PM
Its a carb engine so will still draw fuel on its own.......

Take plugs out, dry them (they might be permanently fooked though)
Get the timing set back to about standard, and then try it again.

mk1nova_rich
13-03-10, 08:37 PM
well i can run fuel line into a petrol can if necessary.

I will take plugs out and dry them, then test the plugs and replace if i need to. I'll let the pots dry out too