PDA

View Full Version : mk1 sr clock problems

red-nova89
12-03-10, 08:41 PM
Hey guys just looking for some help

iv just tried fitting my clocks and after many hours pooping my pants because the engine wouldnt cut off i gave up lol
anyways

the rev counter, water temp and oil pressure temp dont work
oohh.. also the the engine wont cut off when the clocks are fitted lol ,
i was thinking it could because these is some dirt in and around the connection block on the back but what do i know haha

any advice is better then none
cheers guys :thumb:

mk1nova_rich
15-03-10, 10:03 AM
What engine? I will be able to give more info then :)

Assuming its either a 1.2/1.3/1.4 carb engine - check the water temp wire is actually connected to the sensor. Should be a blue wire going to the sensor in the manifold above the alternator.

You are obviously getting a constant live to your coil if the engine wont stop, check your live feed (black wire to the coil) and try and see where it is coming from. It needs to be a switched live.

Oil pressure needle gauge works from a blue wire going from the sender to the back of the clocks. This wire is not in the 12 pin but has a separate spade fitting and simply plugs onto the back of the gauge. This wire may be taped up behind the clocks. Same with the rev counter wire (green wire)

This plugs onto the spade behind the rev counter. This wire is the earth from the coil so check there is a thin green wire at the coil. Once that is plugged in it should work.

Again this info is based on the OHC carb engines so if you specify what you have i may be able to give you more accurate information :)

Plug
15-03-10, 10:18 AM
the tracking on the back will be damaged if engine wont cut off.

had it on an old set of clocks had to stall to stop lol

red-nova89
16-03-10, 02:17 AM
hey guys thanks for the help

the car is a 1989 1.2 merit carb engine
so you'v helpet alot there

and i was looking at the back of the clocks and theres loads of dirt behind them so i was thinking on trying to get all that off before doing anything
but il keep you posted

any more advice would be awsome
cheers guys
:thumb:

mk1nova_rich
16-03-10, 07:20 AM
well if you have only had the problem since fitting the clocks, remove them, check for damage to the copper tracking then clean it all before re-fitting and trying again.