PDA

View Full Version : ALLY Solid Rear Engine Mount HELP!!!!!!!!!

Jamie D
12-03-10, 03:51 PM
Please can someone tell me what Bolt size and thred to use on the rear engine mount :confused: . ive bought a billet ally rear engine mount and the original bolts are to short, i had some matched up at a local shop but they were very tight, i dont want to mess the thred up :eek: . also its proveing to be a pain to fit, will i need to drill the ally engine mount holes for it to fit?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP..Jamie :thumb:

blue_peg_16v
12-03-10, 03:53 PM
dont drill the mount there a pain in the ass to fit very tight as for bolt no idea i thought the standard one would be fine

to make it easier to fit undo the front 2 to allow the engine to move a bit more

craig green
12-03-10, 04:06 PM
Doesnt the 2 vertical bolts into the floor pan thread into floor & the long 'through' bolt simply pass straight through & tighten up with a nut? Therefore not needing any thread in it, dont be tempted to use an undersized bolt. Get the hole enlarged, either with a file or drill IMO.

Jamie D
12-03-10, 04:51 PM
yeah the long bit goes through its just the 2 verticle bolts the one closer to the front of the car doesnt want to slip in, it seems just 1 or 2mil to small the distance between the 2 holes that line up to the car mounting holes..the ally is a bit too thick for the standard bolts the standard engine mount is quite thin were the bolts go..ive read a few threds about them being a pain to fit..its the bolt size that i mostly need as ive looked at a full kit on ebay and the bolts look bigger that you get with them than standard :roll:

craig green
12-03-10, 04:54 PM
You cant change the thread size in the floor pan though, so you need to enlarge the holes in the mount so it passes through &/or use longer bolts if the alloy mount is thicker & needs it.
Pretty poor that the holes are wrongly drilled & proper bolts not supplied IMO.

Jamie D
12-03-10, 05:21 PM
You cant change the thread size in the floor pan though, so you need to enlarge the holes in the mount so it passes through &/or use longer bolts if the alloy mount is thicker & needs it.
Pretty poor that the holes are wrongly drilled & proper bolts not supplied IMO.

yeah thats what i what i was thinking :roll: i just wanted to know what thred type it was so i can get some longer bolts to match, i can always use a washer or 2 if the bolts are a bit to big :)