PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Sign This To Stop Fuel Going Up By 2p

novaspence
11-03-10, 11:18 PM
Hi guys n gals, i know iv not made much post on here but i think this deffinetly should be posted up

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/DutyReduction/

hendrix
11-03-10, 11:19 PM
never gonna work unfortunately

NovaLad
11-03-10, 11:19 PM
It's already gone up to £1.13.9 here it's a joke!

muzzy
11-03-10, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately it's going to happen no matter how many people sign a petition.

novaspence
11-03-10, 11:23 PM
its worth a try isnt it??

novacabrio
11-03-10, 11:24 PM
its worth a try isnt it??

no in a word

muzzy
11-03-10, 11:25 PM
The chances of it ever reaching anyone who will care are very very slim and the chances of them doing anything about it are 0.

burgo
11-03-10, 11:26 PM
lmfao never gonna happen

novaspence
11-03-10, 11:27 PM
I see what you are saying muzzy but it just think that it might be worth a try though. Doesnt hurt to just try does it

NovaLad
11-03-10, 11:28 PM
You've got more chance of finding Madeleine Mccann.

mowgli
11-03-10, 11:29 PM
best way is to simply motivate the country to avoid using shell, esso & bp stations for a month. then the following month avoid the supermarkets. this will throw their networks right out of whack. they will soon do something about it.

mowgli
11-03-10, 11:30 PM
I see what you are saying muzzy but it just think that it might be worth a try though. Doesnt hurt to just try does it

not once in 13 years has this government listened to the peoples wishes.

novaspence
11-03-10, 11:30 PM

Harsh but probably tru

ade
11-03-10, 11:47 PM
I've started using my bike - kind of forced to seeing as hoew the SR's engine is kaput but its nice to fee the wind in my thining locks!

fuels gonna rise regardless - theyve been planning it for ages - its all budget based...

Stuart
12-03-10, 08:50 AM
not once in the history of government have they ever listened to the peoples wishes.

Edited for accuracy ;)

Edd
12-03-10, 09:00 AM
Binking ftw :d

mowgli
12-03-10, 09:03 AM
Edited for accuracy ;)

Stu, i agree with you fully on that, i was just trying to take a pop at this current load of liers, which, a fair chunk of the forum members have only known as a government

Edd
12-03-10, 09:13 AM
Sadly this labour goverment sees motorist as a easy way to get cash, road
tax, fuel tax, are all way over the top compared to other Eu countries.

Can't wait for the election and pray these jokers that have ruined this country don't get in again.

Stuart
12-03-10, 09:19 AM
where else will the money come from to pay the huge debt back though?

With them trying to get people to stop smoking there are less silly ****s paying those taxes. Less people working so costing more money and netting less tax etc :( its all got to come from somewhere. And as much as I dont mind the blue, they started the whole fuel price problem.

Also on a side note, if fuel was cheaper then there would be even more people on the already overcrowded roads lol

Edd
12-03-10, 09:25 AM
Fair point, just think this country has gone to the dogs and is not what it used to be.

Tax this, tax that, WAAAAYY too many million Polish people, less jobs because of them and a goverment that don't give a fook, they all need shooting lol

NovaBoi92
12-03-10, 09:38 AM
mainly 114 around here. some places 118.9! it's extortion, how much money do they make? and fuel prices are still rising.

Edd
12-03-10, 09:42 AM
I reckon 50% of that is tax

Southie
12-03-10, 09:50 AM
I pay 119 for super unleaded :roll:

I found this pretty useful to see who's cheapest in my area for fuel. CLICKY (http://www.petrolprices.com/)

Edd
12-03-10, 10:10 AM
Anything over a quid is a p!ss take.

Goverment can put tax on petrol as they like as people will always have to buy it.

They'll be fooked when battery/hydrogen cars are the norm lol

L14MNP
12-03-10, 10:14 AM
I don't know too much about the subject and I don't care to as it just infuriates me, but I thought around 80% was tax.

This can't continue. :(

Stuart
12-03-10, 10:18 AM
Fair point, just think this country has gone to the dogs and is not what it used to be.

Tax this, tax that, WAAAAYY too many million Polish people, less jobs because of them and a goverment that don't give a fook, they all need shooting lol

erm loads of the polish folks do the jobs that scumbag **** head "british" people think they are too good for... So the poles do the work and pay tax while the brits sit on their asses claiming dole bitching about the Poles stealing jobs lol.

mowgli
12-03-10, 10:19 AM
erm loads of the polish folks do the jobs that scumbag **** head "british" people think they are too good for... So the poles do the work and pay tax while the brits sit on their asses claiming dole bitching about the Poles stealing jobs lol.

we are just about to employ another pole, at the same money as everyone else, cos he was the best candidate for the job.

Jack
12-03-10, 10:40 AM
Oil is currently $82 a barrel. We should run our cars on natural gas, thats currently dropping in price at the mo!

They'll be fooked when battery/hydrogen cars are the norm lol
Unfortunately so will we, as the french will be charging us through the nose for electricity!

Depends if you want to fid her dead or alive.. lol

And as much as I dont mind the blue, they started the whole fuel price problem.
Thats true, people seem to forget it was the tories who shot the price up first with the introduction of the fuel duty escalator thingy. Labour actually scrapped that, and under them fuel duty has decreased in terms of % of the pump price, but all people see is the price they pay and blame the government for it. I'd be worried if David got in that fuel taxation wold go on the increase again...

Oil price is quite an in depth and flexible thing. The harsh winter worked into the hands of the oil companies as it pushed the prices up. One advantage of higher prices is that it allows further exploration of oil fields, and drilling harder-to-access fields financially viable.

L14MNP
12-03-10, 11:25 AM
Depends if you want to find her dead or alive.. lol
http://img2.photographersdirect.com/img/13917/wm/pd371517.jpg

Southie
12-03-10, 01:31 PM
The Price of Petrol

Where does the money you pay for a litre of petrol really go? Do you know what you are actually paying for?
If a litre of unleaded cost 108.9p, it would be split in the following way:
http://www.petrolprices.com/images/petrol0909.jpg

And if it was diesel at a cost of 109.9p, it would split as follows:
http://www.petrolprices.com/images/diesel0909.jpg
:(

Jack
12-03-10, 01:54 PM
so if each litre costs 31p, and you get approximately 75 litres of unleaded petrol from 1 barrel of oil, thats £23.25 of the barrel that comes from petrol alone. Bearing in mind the overall price of one barrel at the mo is $82 (£54). Petroleum is clearly a high earner on profit-per-barrel stakes ;)

Not forgetting of course you also get natural gas, diesel fuel, oils, lubricants, greases, kerosene, tar etc from that very same barrel.

mowgli
12-03-10, 02:58 PM
in 1986, i earned about £100 pw, and spent 20% on fuel

in 2010, i earn a lot more than that & i spend less than 10% on fuel

i think that everything else has just gone up too, except big tellys & stuff from the pound shop

Gibbo
12-03-10, 03:47 PM
its £1.16 here i live