PDA

View Full Version : jenvey tb's on a turbo engine

napalm_27
11-03-10, 07:44 PM
could it be done with a sealed inlet plenum.?
they have twin injectors on them
and il be running stand alone anyway
just really want abit more info about them and doing a tb'd turbo engine if anyone knows of anything..?

or just gen info really
useful comments are a good start aswell :thumb:

John
11-03-10, 07:45 PM
Yep. iirc chips nova runs bods and a turbo.

napalm_27
11-03-10, 07:48 PM
finger in the right direction would be useful mate really need to sit and read some things before i set my head into doing this

John
11-03-10, 07:50 PM
He's on vauxsport iirc, sorry don't have a link.

napalm_27
11-03-10, 07:51 PM
ok mate cheers for the info anyway much appreciated :thumb: rep would follow but its useless from me with all the period blobs lol

Adam
11-03-10, 07:52 PM
Why do you want to?

Just so much easier using a single tb TBH

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 07:58 PM
has been done theres a manta with throttle bodies and a turbo cant see the point tbh

bazil
11-03-10, 08:02 PM
Iirc I saw a let on tb,s for sale on tigweb and was quoted as 350 or 380 bhp it was those diblas ones,

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 08:06 PM
can get that with a single throttle body though and alot more for that matter its just something to put on the spec sheet imo the 2k they would cost would give more power invested in other areas

burgo
11-03-10, 08:12 PM
find the total vauxhall mag with the vauxsport rolling road day report in. theres a vectra with a LET on TB's aswell

napalm_27
11-03-10, 08:15 PM
well sloth (the great) was telling me about using a 200sx inlet manifold so i was thinking well instead of a single throttle body and having to make a complete inlet plenum why not go down the TB route and see if and how it can be done

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 08:17 PM
can and has been done but money would be better spent on a decent turbo and fanimold and internal work imo

the internals will give up long before the std sized tb would

napalm_27
11-03-10, 08:19 PM
well im going to have to design a inlet/tb anyway as i cant use the standard electronic one so its either swap my twin 45 carbs for jenvey's if the bloke wants to or buy some other stuff to make a tophat to fit the v6 throttle body

burgo
11-03-10, 08:22 PM
there really is actually no benefit at all imo

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 08:23 PM
45s wont work the bloke with the manta tryed that and the fueling was impossible hence him using the jenvies tbh id go for the v6 tb with a custom inlet alot easier and ample, what power you aiming for?

napalm_27
11-03-10, 08:25 PM
well it would be easier then making a complete inlet manifold wouldnt it..?
as id only have to get a tb manifold made up then id most likely find some one that could make a sealed plenum that i could attach to them

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 08:26 PM
when looking at it remember the diffrance between n/a and turbo na sucks so increased tb area makes this easier turbos push so increasing tb dosent make the same differance

napalm_27
11-03-10, 08:26 PM
45s wont work the bloke with the manta tryed that and the fueling was impossible hence him using the jenvies tbh id go for the v6 tb with a custom inlet alot easier and ample, what power you aiming for?

im planning on swapping the 45's for the jenvey's mate i know they wouldnt go on a turbo engine due to fueling issues

napalm_27
11-03-10, 08:29 PM
when looking at it remember the diffrance between n/a and turbo na sucks so increased tb area makes this easier turbos push so increasing tb dosent make the same differance

get where your coming from but these have twin injectors on so would be able to supply more fuel if i went into higher power area
which would be most likely as if i get this job il end up getting the engine in and running and then put it into a place with a RR and tell them to get as much as possible out of it with out a risk of it blowing up lol

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 08:29 PM
well it would be easier then making a complete inlet manifold wouldnt it..?
as id only have to get a tb manifold made up then id most likely find some one that could make a sealed plenum that i could attach to them

not realy the plenium could be made to bolt to the head and have the v6 tb on the end similar to a bike carb maniflod but with the plenium attached to the manifold with th v6 throttle body on the plenium thats how id do it or id use the std manifold and make an adapter to fit the v6 tb

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 08:30 PM
get where your coming from but these have twin injectors on so would be able to supply more fuel if i went into higher power area
which would be most likely as if i get this job il end up getting the engine in and running and then put it into a place with a RR and tell them to get as much as possible out of it with out a risk of it blowing up lol

twin injectors wouldnt be needed till you went over 600bhp just use bigger ones

burgo
11-03-10, 08:31 PM
which would be most likely as if i get this job il end up getting the engine in and running and then put it into a place with a RR and tell them to get as much as possible out of it with out a risk of it blowing up lolso you would rather waste funk loads on TB's with twin injectors instead of just fitting larger injectors :confused: you really dont have a clue lol

napalm_27
11-03-10, 08:37 PM
im going to be spending the same amount either way thats what your not getting

if i can swap the carbs for jenvey's then i will and il use them

if not il just have to make a inlet manifold from scratch and still spend the same doing that and then have to get bigger injectors

burgo
11-03-10, 08:39 PM
whats wrong with the standard set up?? the engine internals will need upgrading far before the inlet manifold

16v Nova Kev
11-03-10, 08:41 PM
i have one word for this thread and its.
marsbar

Stuart
11-03-10, 08:43 PM
FFS.

A modded pulsar inlet is a fairly good bet.

and single large flow injectors are great these days.

blue_peg_16v
11-03-10, 08:43 PM
nah the tbs will be more as you will still need to make a plenium which wouldnt cost much more to make the plenium fit to the head and would make a tidier and more reliable also consider clearence unless your using direct to head bodies your going to strugle as side draft tipe will be close to the bulkhead so the plenium would need to be very thin in this curcumstance which would restrict flow and power

napalm_27
11-03-10, 08:57 PM
hmm well its sounding like getting a custom inlet manifold/plenum made would be the way to go really

but this is just sort of research into way i can do things to get better results from the engine really

not oh im going to do this because i think it looks good blah blah

just need people to put decent points and views across to see what route i should take really

Stuart
11-03-10, 09:15 PM
its big faff to get ITB's and turbo working nicely together... save faff and cost by normal plenuming it.. win