PDA

View Full Version : X16XE conversion?

Blackie_No1
11-03-10, 07:05 PM
I have just bought a 1.4 Nova 3dr that used to be a 1.0 Life model. It still runs the 4 speed box and is a hoot to drive. It is lowered on Apex springs and shocks and I fitted cavvy 2.0 vented discs and calipers last night.

The engine is fitted with a Pierburg 2E carb which has a knackered choke and a K&N pancake filter, and goes really well once I get it started.

A good friend of mine has offered me a X16XE engine, gearbox, brain and loom from a Tigra to fit to the Nova, my question is, what else will I need?

gtachorley
11-03-10, 07:18 PM
You need injection fuel pump and lines (I used Tigra fuel tank and pump to replace my carb set up)
You need the ecu, immobilser and key chip (also all need to be from same car) as the engine wont start without the immobilser attached and the chip selotaped to it lol
If the 1.0 rad is still on needs changing (you can use the Tigra one just needs a bit of bodging)I would reccomend a Manzel style powerbox of ebay, they make a nice difference for the money and thats about it!!

Blackie_No1
13-03-10, 10:26 AM
Cheers lad, the ecu, key/chip and immobiliser are allcoming with the engine and box.

Does the Tigra tank bolt straight in?

The previous owner has bypassed the mechanical fuel pump and fitted an electrical one to the car, will it do the job?

pikey1986
13-03-10, 11:04 AM
pump should be fine

Southie
13-03-10, 11:35 AM
Also have a look through this rough guide regarding what you'll be needing.
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129462

mowgli
13-03-10, 12:01 PM
pump should be fine

YOU NEED AN EFI TANK & PUMP!!!!!

pikey1986
13-03-10, 12:42 PM
my bad, that'll teach me for skim reading lol