PDA

View Full Version : spaghetti junction

gary_mcvalver1
10-03-10, 10:37 PM
hi there folks had a look at the c16xe into nova conversion into a nova and it didnt really help me much with the wiring as im putting the engine in a carb shell(not spi). can any1 help please, i know ill have to wire up my external fuel pump but i dont know what wires i need for getting the engine running. iv done alot of valvers in2 corsas but never a c16xe into nova! ie at the ecu end of the engine loom there is 12 wires. a 9pin plug and a 3pin plug. in the corsa you just join wire for wire, but in the nova i dunno wot wires to join up coz its a carby can any1 help????

The nova has just had a full respray just waitin to get the gte bumpers painted then ill be getting the engine in in the next week or so.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MULTO APPRECIATED!

Cheers
Mcvalver:thumb:

Southie
10-03-10, 10:42 PM
Have a look through this and welcome to PNG :)

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129462

craig green
10-03-10, 10:59 PM
The main plug on the 16XE wiring loom, just cut it off or get the corresponding plug from the corsa car loom & adapt it into your cars wires. The fuel pump live feed comes via the engine loom (see the purple?) relay.
Be sure to wire in the engine management light wires so you can flash off any codes when you have finished. Most people ignore this then ask what running probs they have.