PDA

View Full Version : Camber Problems

Josh_535
10-03-10, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone have just fitted FK high sport coilovers to my nova and for some reason i have got positive camber on one wheel and negative on the other making my wheels sit like this / -- / anyone know how to solve this, havent done tracking yet either. Any one have any ideas ?? thanx

Nova_Tek
10-03-10, 10:27 PM
You can buy camber adjustment bolts that allow you to dial in neg or pos camber. I lowered my car and it's got neg camber so these bolt will help correct that. Obviously they only allow so much camber adjustment but that depends on your setup.

George g
10-03-10, 10:34 PM
Have you moved the car? Sometimes the wheels can look pissed if you have just dropped it off the jack as. the tyres are bent/rolled over slightly. Hth

Josh_535
10-03-10, 10:38 PM
well it has been driven around works car park a few times and still looks on the piss i have been told to loosen the bolts and push the wheels in or out then re tighten it
do u think that will help?

craig green
10-03-10, 10:41 PM
You can mess about tightening the lower struts up with the play adjusted up & tightened. However I would suggest you drop the struts out & align the hole in the GM top mounts as per the Haynes manual if you didnt.

Josh_535
10-03-10, 10:51 PM
that would probs be a good start then, i think another prob is my strut brace is rather tight so i dint know if that was slightly pulling it one sided, will find out saturday lol

floydy13
10-03-10, 10:55 PM
you will prob find on your front coilovers, where they bolt to the hub, 1 hole is a circle and the other is slightly bigger, jus make sure both sides look the same, then go and get your camber and tracking sorted!

craig green
10-03-10, 11:03 PM
that would probs be a good start then, i think another prob is my strut brace is rather tight so i dint know if that was slightly pulling it one sided, will find out saturday lol

The holes in the turrets wouldnt allow that, unless they are elongated, which is another camber correction method.
I didnt know FK's had the elongated lower mounting hole, but it's either that or as I said, the top mount wrongly mounted.