What an utter steaming heap of a film.

That is all.

mowgli
10-03-10, 08:16 PM
well, you saved me a tenner, so thankyou jack

kent14sr
10-03-10, 08:17 PM
I went to HMV and bought the original for £3 in the sale

Was fantastic and after speaking to others a lot lot better than new one!

Novasport
10-03-10, 08:19 PM
Was a big dissappointment after all the hype it got

mowgli
10-03-10, 08:24 PM
the man made 3 great films, reservoir dogs, pulp fiction, and kill bill vol1, one reasonable one, jackie brown, one amazingly retro one that not many people got, deathproof, which, i have to admit i needed to watch it twice to understand, but i've heard either great or really bad reports about this one, nobody has just said its ok, so i think i'll wait till its on the box

Jack
10-03-10, 08:27 PM
^ Yep. He started out well but is so full of himself now, and it really shows through in his movies.

I wasn't all that keen on Deathproof, just bought it for the cars (lol). The plot was Ok, the acting was half decent but the rest of it was complete turd.

mowgli
10-03-10, 08:37 PM
the cars were ace, but it did seem like a crap tribute to a lot of those dodgy seventies movies that used to be on bbc2 really late on a friday night & were called cult classics, which meant they were not popular in the day, and i include vanishing point in that, kurt russell has been in much better things than that (with the exception of goldie hawn)

Asa-James
10-03-10, 08:41 PM
kurt russell has been in much better things than that (with the exception of goldie hawn)

Epic fudging roflcopteromglolfsh I laughed so hard it hurt and I had tears. Best giggle for a long time

blue_peg_16v
10-03-10, 09:15 PM
i9ve tryed to watch it 3 times and fell asleep an hour in each time lol its a cure for insomnia

mr5050
10-03-10, 09:23 PM
i really struggled to watch the whole film, continuosly hoping that maybe some action would be coming soon, but it never did, the advert for the film was very misleading. they litrally dug up all the good bits from the film and put them in a 30 sec clip. very dissapointed

novaguy08
10-03-10, 09:26 PM
This is true, I hate this film so badly that I switched it off halfway through lol

Good thing it was only a rental!!

George g
10-03-10, 09:28 PM
I loved it. Just took a lot of concentration... can't say I'm a fan of his recent horror stuff, but pulp fiction, reservoir dogs, kill Bill, dusk till dawn and this one were awesome!

Jack
10-03-10, 09:31 PM
Also getting bored with Tarantino's foot fetish. Fair enough, we all know he has one, but does he really need to put feet into ALL his films?! And in the case of Deathproof, make about 1/3 the film shots of feet? lol

floydy13
10-03-10, 10:00 PM
i thought it had its moments but it was a typical tarintino film!

hendrix
10-03-10, 11:23 PM
He's just living off the hype now. whenever his name gets attached to a film its gonna get talked about no matter how ****e

craig green
10-03-10, 11:25 PM
Tarantino's best works are behind him. A bit like Vauxhall.

Pulp Fiction & jackie Brown FTW. Reservoir Dogs has never captured me all the way through & kill bill just looks pants.

novaguy08
11-03-10, 10:08 AM
i thought it had its moments but it was a typical tarintino film!

Unfortunately the moments last seconds are few and far between in this one!!

pikey1986
11-03-10, 03:42 PM
i thought it was a ok, the good bits have far too much crap inbetween(sp), i wouldnt watch it again tho