PDA

View Full Version : petrol tank

adam2472
14-04-03, 11:18 PM
i think that there is a hole in the topish side of my petrol tank as whenever its over 3/4 full it leaks v slowely.. i tried to have a look but its well hard to see. how do i get to it to have a llok

jim sri
14-04-03, 11:24 PM
disconnect all fuel pipes, bung them and remember where they go. undo the 2 bolts which secure the underbelly of the tank(move zorst system outta way first iirc) then the tank may need a bit of a shake to get loose or may not.it may have rotted through, in which cas eyou'll need a new tank.

Neil.
15-04-03, 01:13 AM
ive exactly the same problem, im putting a new fuel tank on for my 1.6 injection system :D

Manta Mad
18-04-03, 11:06 PM
I had the same problem in mine - the hole was at the highest part of the tank where the breather pipe connects - you can get the tank out without having to remove the exhaust. Undo the bolts holding the tank straps and the straps hinge down out of the way - you can pull the tank sideways out - towards the drivers side as long as you take the rearmost hanger off the exhaust so it hangs down to get some clearance.

You will also have to disconnect the handbrake cable as it runs under the tank - its easy to do - just disconnect where it meets at the back 'axle'.

Remember to disconnect the tank sender wires and fuel pump wires If electric type) - some models are accessed via a rubber bung under the back seat.

adam2472
19-04-03, 02:39 AM
i think i mite ave a lookie at it this comin week.. i seen some putty stuff in halfords which i think is for filling holes in petrol tanks.. how does it actaully work casue by the looks of things it dunt look like it can seal a big hole.. depending on the size of the one which ther is..