PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day is coming up. IDEAS?

nova1992
10-03-10, 04:12 PM
Im a bloke and im sure many others struggle on mothers day :thumb:

Any ideas to make a mother happy?

muzzy
10-03-10, 04:14 PM
I've bought my mum a candle from Next, £8 FFS!!

Not sure what else to get her though, i'm terrible at buying presents for people lol

Mattman
10-03-10, 04:18 PM
a bit boring but always a winner with mums. Flowers

nova1992
10-03-10, 04:18 PM
Well the last two years have been a rough year for our family, and my mum is sort of ill. I just want something that isnt like to much cash but something that will make her feel loved and happy again (:

*I know it sounds G@Y but its my mum we all love our mums right?

Stuart
10-03-10, 04:19 PM
Taking the other half to Wimpole hall farm on sunday as apparently Amber loves seeing animals on TV so that would be a ncie treat for the pair of them lol.

oh and of course Amber is using her* pocket money to get mummy something special

*hmm I fear it will be my money lol

Stuart
10-03-10, 04:20 PM
Well the last two years have been a rough year for our family, and my mum is sort of ill. I just want something that isnt like to much cash but something that will make her feel loved and happy again (:

*I know it sounds G@Y but its my mum we all love our mums right?

Photo album of the good times FTW!!!!

Miss mine terribly :(

nova1992
10-03-10, 04:24 PM
With her pocket money i.e your wages :thumb: Its all worth it tho :)

Photo Frame is a good idea! Cheers buddy :thumb:

raymond
10-03-10, 04:24 PM
This is the 1st year i have to buy the gf something as a mummy

no ideas what though as our daughter is only 5 mths old lol

Stuart
10-03-10, 04:26 PM
Raymond, a lie in would probably go down a storm lol

brownbear
10-03-10, 04:45 PM
candle, flowers, meal, photo of yourself and sibling/s brekkie in bed (if you still live at home, otherwise she might think your breaking in) sometimes just a card with some nice words of how much she means to you will hold more clout than a gift...

mowgli
10-03-10, 04:48 PM
we got digi photo frames & then stuck a load of pics on. that went down rather well.

i have also got my mum decent quality shrubs & fruit trees.. they last way longer than flowers

draper
10-03-10, 04:51 PM
flowers delivered to my mums work - always impresses, both my mum and the fit birds that work there ;)

nova1992
10-03-10, 04:58 PM
flowers delivered to my mums work - always impresses, both my mum and the fit birds that work there ;)

Ha love it, :thumb:

The Simps
10-03-10, 05:09 PM
Got my mum a slow cooker last year and its completely transformed the quality of her roast dinners!

This year is tough but it might be a slow cooker cookbook.

kelbelle
10-03-10, 05:10 PM
I know it might sound obvious but ask her lol

nova1992
10-03-10, 05:14 PM
Got my mum a slow cooker last year and its completely transformed the quality of her roast dinners!

This year is tough but it might be a slow cooker cookbook.

She hates kicthen stuff being purchased for her. :roll:

nova1992
10-03-10, 05:14 PM
I know it might sound obvious but ask her lol

My Mums reply will be the same as everytime i ask "Nothing i dont need anything" :wtf:

bazil
10-03-10, 05:20 PM
Photo album of the good times FTW!!!!

Miss mine terribly :(

id go for this too, i lost my mum in 2003 and now ive got a huge wall of family photos in the hall.

a nice album or as also said the digi phot frame,:thumb:
like the plant idea too, but not daffodillslol

Ben
10-03-10, 08:02 PM
My mums lucky if she gets a text message, normally she gets one a year and its a suprise which day it turns up either xmas birthday or mothers day.

mowgli
10-03-10, 08:04 PM
My Mums reply will be the same as everytime i ask "Nothing i dont need anything" :wtf:

which means that you should get something really good & thoughtful because she spent 32hours and 8 minutes in labour etc....

Rob
10-03-10, 08:11 PM
candle, flowers, meal, photo of yourself and sibling/s brekkie in bed (if you still live at home, otherwise she might think your breaking in) sometimes just a card with some nice words of how much she means to you will hold more clout than a gift...

well said :thumb:

Lynsey
10-03-10, 08:18 PM
I agree to the photo album/digi frame of pics and some nice words in a card. I'm sure your mum will appreciate whatever you do and it's clear you care a lot about her since you posted in on here.

Danny s-p
10-03-10, 08:28 PM
mine all reddy got a digi frame so is there any more idears out there

nova1992
10-03-10, 11:49 PM
Im going to see if i can pick up a decent digi frame tomorrow! :) Cheers fella's.

NovaLad
10-03-10, 11:51 PM
My mum says every year i don't want or need anything...
So i don't get her anything... simples lol.

EDIT- I allways get her a card... but it doesn't tend to get there for mothers day... this year being the exception... i took it up earlier.

brainsnova
11-03-10, 12:59 AM
just a card ftw

wwmnw
11-03-10, 01:01 AM
Me mams getting naff all off me. Her choice :thumb:

Lynsey
11-03-10, 09:34 AM
mine all reddy got a digi frame so is there any more idears out there

A nice bath set/a family photo in a nice frame/M&S voucher/chocs,flowers,socks/DVD/wine/nice ornament/bulbs or plants for the garden or house... There are plenty of nice things, if you're still struggling just go to the seasonal isle in your local supermarket and you'll find something there I'm sure :)

Jon_nova1
11-03-10, 10:25 AM
Don't get a digi photo frame, i got mine one last year, thats all that needs saying lol

nova1992
11-03-10, 11:30 PM
Picked up a lovely little 7" digi frame from argos today its a bush one cost £29.99 BARGIN! plus a lovely card cheers guys.

ade
11-03-10, 11:50 PM
mothers day is like fathers day - a marketing car manufacturers dream and an excuse for flower shops to hike up the cost of flowers by 40% and record companies tro release SH!TE music driving compilations!

My mum lives in Egypt and its pointless sending a card of gifts because the thieving barstewards open the mail and nick the pressies! So I send her a quick email to wish her a nice day even though shes retired and spends most of her time chilling out in the 40' sun sipping long vodkas by the pool!

Dar
12-03-10, 06:12 PM
It's a bit late now but.... go to moonpig and make a card. I have had so much fun making cards up for the beast.

kelbelle
12-03-10, 07:34 PM
psh I made my stepmum and brilliant photo album charting how she and her kids came to be a part of my family....6 months later she made my dad disown me. So she can **** off!

I got my mum a little glass candle holder that is shaped like a mini table lamp lol

JordyzNova
12-03-10, 08:15 PM
mothers day morning ..... i get up walk down stairs shouts " MOM u making a brew or what " :d
She loves me really and im thinking a card nd flowers ftw always does the trick :thumb: