PDA

View Full Version : Summer holiday season work abroad.

craig green
10-03-10, 02:52 PM
Anyone know any general info about this? Bar or restaurant working in resorts etc. Short of turning up on a one way flight & seeing what happens, is there a source of knowledge? My limited Googling hasnt really helped.

Jack
10-03-10, 02:55 PM
Lass I used to work with took a short holiday out some island but asked round for work whilst she was there. Got offered a job in a club, so a week after coming back took a one way flight back out there and cracked on. Thats probably the best way to do it.

....only problem was, the job turned out to be handing out fliers for a club, paying a crap wage; she ended up working 12 hour days in a fish & chip bar earning just enough to cover the rent of her place! So that side of things didn't work out for her!

Southie
10-03-10, 02:56 PM
Is this any good Craig? CLICKY (http://www.goworkabroad.co.uk/) :)

craig green
10-03-10, 02:58 PM
Cheers Southie. It looks like it might be.

Jack, that scenario is pretty common I dare say, & being a tout or handing out flyers is 1/2 what I expect. I knew a mate that did similar & a bunch of them all shared an apartment. I just wanna get away, thinking out loud I guess.

Edd
10-03-10, 03:09 PM
Butlins in Minehead ?! That's a holiday resort. :d :d :d

nova1992
10-03-10, 03:10 PM
I know a few people who live/work in menorca off the islands of spain, and all you have to do is either know the right people, or just ask for some bar work, Alot of them do 6 month contracts private bars often include an apartment too

craig green
10-03-10, 03:20 PM
Butlins in Minehead ?! That's a holiday resort. :d :d :d

Fook off! I'm thinking somewhere where the sun actually comes out. lol

Southie
10-03-10, 03:24 PM
Another CLICKY (http://www.seasonworkers.com/summerjobs/) for ideas :d

Connor
10-03-10, 03:29 PM
Loads of my mates work abroad over summer,
They have been doing it for the past 3 years and dont look back.
Cheap holiday for me ftw :)

Edd
10-03-10, 03:32 PM
Failing Butlins there's always Brean Sands resort lol might get some sun there if your lucky lol

Have you asked Martin or Rob mate ? Seeing as they have both done it they might have some info for you.

craig green
10-03-10, 03:33 PM
Cheers Southie, another good link. Something to read later.

I could go out to a resort 'blind' if I knew others doing the same I reckon.

Stuart
10-03-10, 04:22 PM
Try looking in 'Lady' magazine and other similar 'posh' leisure magazines.

They will have the jobs on the classy marinas etc.

Andy
10-03-10, 05:32 PM
They seem to lead a good lifestyle,shafting birds left right and centre and getting paid to get mortal'd with people lol

mayhem
10-03-10, 05:55 PM
i've looked into working on Aruba (joran van der sloot style lmfao) but it's mostly low paid bar/restaurant work.

Ben
10-03-10, 07:51 PM
Thought about working on a cruiseliner, is meant to be a good crack.

Stuart
10-03-10, 08:16 PM
Thought about working on a cruiseliner, is meant to be a good crack.

The raving bender that went to uni with us seems to post pics of more raving benders from cruise ships..... Looks to be having fun lol

blue_peg_16v
10-03-10, 09:50 PM
if i was doing it id book a 2 week holiday cheap barging basment type so i had some were to kip for 2 weeks and have 2 weeks to find work if nothings doing at least theres a flight home if work was found id just not bother with the return flight

craig green
10-03-10, 10:43 PM
What I am thinking really Rich. Jet off on hols with Billy & Jimmy. Come home in October with a tan & a drink problem LOL.

I might get laid out there though.

blue_peg_16v
10-03-10, 11:01 PM
no summer shows then or you going day after billing lol

craig green
10-03-10, 11:09 PM
Who knows, who cares!

It's only an idea right now, but something I need to act on if I want to do it, I guess the resorts will be starting to open up & get busy soon.

blue_peg_16v
10-03-10, 11:13 PM
early season is may then high season starts july