PDA

View Full Version : dbilas tb's yes or no??

nova_sting
08-03-10, 07:48 PM
Hi all I've just bought a e16se with cam and vernier. I just seen dbilas tb's on the bay and was wondering if they are worth a cheap relatively hassle free install for an increase in power or not? also could i install these and then get a remap for more power at a later date? Cheers Tom

Andy_L
08-03-10, 08:15 PM
Hi all I've just bought a e16se with cam and vernier. I just seen dbilas tb's on the bay and was wondering if they are worth a cheap relatively hassle free install for an increase in power or not? also could i install these and then get a remap for more power at a later date? Cheers Tom

You'll need stand alone management will you not?

brucer
08-03-10, 08:38 PM
i think there designed to use all standard equipment. literally bolt on job. if they do gain a decent power and are cheap then they'd do the job i reckon.

peester
08-03-10, 08:53 PM
mike knows a bit about these..
i think they gain all at top end only, not really throughout the rev. range - which is what ull want..?

Ben
08-03-10, 08:54 PM
Are these still doing the rounds? Thought they got shunned off years ago for being cack.

alan b
08-03-10, 08:59 PM
if you can get them for about 250 bob id buy them other than that i wudnt bother. you really need aftermarket managment.

Stuart
08-03-10, 09:01 PM
if you can get them for about 250 bob id buy them other than that i wudnt bother. you really need aftermarket managment.

pretty much that!!

if you get them cheap then great, but if not then dont bother

Mike
08-03-10, 10:08 PM
There half arsed throttle bodies. Jenvys an such like are far superior.