PDA

View Full Version : Wings......

novaboy1.2
14-04-03, 06:26 PM
I've got 2 new wings to go on my 91 Nova

How easy are they to put on? How long will it take, What should i look out for, etc???

Cheers

Wiggie
14-04-03, 06:34 PM
piecea piss m8, have you taken the old ones off? , basicly there two bolts by the valance a row of bolts up the top , one bolt by the sill and two bolts that need to be un done from in side the car, and one bellow the light

the hardest ones to do are the interior onse, but once you do it ull understand! you need to remove the little tray above the foot well and the plastic cover to the oter side of the car then yank out the padding and there are two bolts...when you start undoing the bolts, star from the bottom and work up to avoid it folding over and bending,when replacing them put the bolts in starting from the top, there well probably be some form of sealnt hold it there too, so get you fingers under it and pull....be carfull not to bend it though....

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=666

also you need to remove the repeaters and indicators, the repeater will have to be snipped as the wired are built into the block, to get the front indicator off open the bonnet and look for the metal springy bit which need to be pulled and un hooked then you just need to wiggle it out and disconnect it.

ade
15-04-03, 12:57 AM
you will need to remove the bumper and grill to fit wings properly.

Get some proper mastic (from most good car shops) - not that crap silicone sealer which will perish and incourage rust

also be aware of lining the wings up - you dont want them too far fwd as there will be a huge gap on the door edge. You also dont want them too far back or they wont sit flush with the bonnet edge.

When refitting the side repeaters, make sue you refit the rubber grommit to the holes otherwose the car will leak through the holes when it rains/you wash yer car and you will get a very wet floor!

You can actually trace the wires into the cabin - they come in just above the highest bolt on the inside by the wing. There will be an earth point where one end will go and the other can be snipped carefully. This makes it much easier when you come to refitting them as all you have to do is thread the wires back into the cabit and use a connector block.

ade