PDA

View Full Version : interior controls

adam2472
14-04-03, 04:18 PM
i wana color code the interior controls (mk 2 dash..)(temp, fan contol speed, air direction and lights switch) i can get the fan control speed and temp ones off but cant get the other ones off.. on the lights swith there seems to be a screw behind that facia section which i cannot get to at all.. and have preety much wrecked in the process :( ne body got any ideas??

Freak
14-04-03, 06:02 PM
a small screwriver in the small slot underneath it in the middle.
Pulls off then.Thos is for the middle heater control
Once they have been off afew times they will pull off without requiring the screwdriver.

The light control you just need to pull/gently lever out with a screwdriver covered in a rag or something.
Haynes mentions making a tool with prongs- but its not worth the hassle- just pull it!

joeczucha
14-04-03, 06:05 PM
I'm a fan of spraypaint myself! Seriously, i did the foglight switch at the front black, and then stencilled a shape for a boot open button and it looks ideal! Just allow it do dry properly and use plastic primer! J

adam2472
14-04-03, 08:51 PM
ah rite.. il give the light 1 ago with the rag around da screwdriver but what about the control which contorls were the air come out from.. i dunt think that there is any hole underneath to but a screwdriver in.. im afraid to pull it to hard casue it feels like it is connected to something phsically..

ade
15-04-03, 12:34 AM
the light switcxh is an absolute pig. You need a special tool at 90degrees - slot it in on both sides to release 2 catches then it slides out. You also need to release the switch itself by using small screwdriver on a clip on the underside of it - I can guarantee you it will break befoire you get it off!

The other fan dials (left and right of the centre one) need a small screw releasing after you remove the knobs from them (just pull gently)

Be careful when spraying as these have lights in them (centre one for rear demister)

Ade