PDA

View Full Version : Conversion guide for nova running let?

ST-eater
07-03-10, 09:55 PM
Are there any guides to fit a let into a nova? ive done a redtop conversion in the past, and also a seicento running an xe (in this months ppc mag) but have yet to have a go with the turbo lump....

Can anyone tell me if i was to run a let on a f20 box, would i be using the standard xe conversion kit, eg 1.6 shafts, xe/nova mounts etc, and is the wiring into the shell the same?

Also what are standard bhp figures, as i would be looking to hit the 270ish mark, as a lot seem to be around this figure, but what is needed to achieve this....

Ive tried a search but i cant seem to find anything usefull...

Cheers all prior!

Benn
07-03-10, 09:59 PM
Its the same as fitting an xe bar a few more pipes.

If your upping power you'll prob break an f20.

ST-eater
07-03-10, 10:00 PM
only want an f20 for a strip run, not too bothered if i need to replace every now and again as their pretty cheap

Benn
07-03-10, 10:03 PM
Then its the same bar a few extra pipes.

Depending on what you wanna run, you'll wanna cut the front cross member for cleanace for a nice sized ic.

Paul
07-03-10, 10:07 PM
theyre pretty cheap, but getting harder & harder to come by mate...

Nova_Tek
07-03-10, 10:26 PM
As it's been said mate, same mounts as an XE and with the F20 it's straight forward. Bit more work involved with the F28. LET's are 204 BHP as standard. Although if you wanna go high power then consider the F28 for sure. Some people use F20's with no issues some say they won't last (some people have breifly used F16's and a few F18's). Same setup as the XE you can use cav inner cv's, 22 spline gte shafts and Nova outers or go for a big block hubs and shafts.