PDA

View Full Version : e16se to c16se

novajimgte
07-03-10, 04:15 PM
i had a e16se and i blew the bottom end on it and i have bought a c16se engine but it has a d.i.s instead of a dizzy and it has a power steering pully on it. Would i be able to just to switch the hole top end and the in let ect then will all the wires match the same? also what would i do about the power sterring pully can i just take it off or do i need to switch that for some thing from the e16se. ( i think the engine came from a astra 1.6)

comptoncj
07-03-10, 04:44 PM
The C16SE has more emissions stuff on it IIRC, I would do what you said about swapping the bottom end over if you have the time to do it, then you can retain your E16 loom and smaller crank pulley for space.

AlexW
07-03-10, 05:44 PM
Basically swap everything from the E16 to the C16.

novajimgte
08-03-10, 01:51 AM
nice thats what ill do then just swap as much stuff as i can from the top end. Another quick question if i set the timing marks up so they line up, on both engines then swap the heads over will that be ok? will the pistons be in the same position on them both. is that how you are ment to do it?

comptoncj
08-03-10, 08:13 AM
When i put a cylinder head on i turn the bottom end to top dead centre and then turn it back 90% so all the pistons are level, then time the top end up and then turn the bottom end to its timing marks. Just makes sure no valve piston contact happens and enables you to set the top end timing up easily once the heads torqued down .