PDA

View Full Version : nurburgring this year?

let_nova
07-03-10, 10:40 AM
whos going with there car? or would anyone be intrested in it?

Ben
07-03-10, 10:41 AM
Think there are a couple of groups already booked up, sure they will post detrails.

let_nova
07-03-10, 10:42 AM
would love to go, however i do not feel confident to organise a group myself lol

dj_wudgey
07-03-10, 10:42 AM
i wana go but doubt i can afford this year! :(

let_nova
07-03-10, 10:43 AM
only live once

Rexy
07-03-10, 10:45 AM
hopefully taking the evo across in june ish time, Its the main reason i bought the car so it has to get across to europe and get on some of the proper roads over there :D

let_nova
07-03-10, 10:46 AM
rexy, you going solo?

Ben
07-03-10, 10:48 AM
Hopefully going to have something i can tag along with this year,

let_nova
07-03-10, 10:49 AM
i would love to take the nova over.

Mike
07-03-10, 09:33 PM
Me. God knows when. Itll be a last minute thing tho.

blue_peg_16v
07-03-10, 09:51 PM
dover to dunkurk ferry is £11.50 each way with norlfolk line at the mo if you book early looked the other day

Ben
07-03-10, 10:02 PM
You can get £25 each way with P&O and Seafrance as long as its not within next 24hrs. Agreed Norfook line is cheap but they are crap lol

Andy
07-03-10, 11:12 PM
Agreed Norfook line is cheap but they are crap lol
Why? do they sink?!

maddogdaz666
07-03-10, 11:15 PM
Why? do they sink?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!lol

Joe Richardson
07-03-10, 11:18 PM
I should be going to the nurburgring this year,already going to SPA in belgium,then probably head over to the Ring after,seen as there not far from each other :thumb:

dhdev (Oli)
07-03-10, 11:25 PM
Norfook line is cheap but they are crap lol
Couldn't disagree more! They are ace! The ferries are nice and clean and new, the slightly longer crossing allows you to grab a decent nap, the food is cheap and tasty and they always accomodate you on earlier ferries if you arrive earlier than planned in my experience! I always go for night time ferries, quieter and then you can get off the otherside and boost it down the E40, doesn't take long with empty roads ;)

muzzy
07-03-10, 11:26 PM
I want to go to the Nurburgring this year but I've been told I'm going to Wales instead :wtf: :(

Ben
08-03-10, 07:21 AM
Couldn't disagree more! They are ace! The ferries are nice and clean and new, the slightly longer crossing allows you to grab a decent nap, the food is cheap and tasty and they always accomodate you on earlier ferries if you arrive earlier than planned in my experience! I always go for night time ferries, quieter and then you can get off the otherside and boost it down the E40, doesn't take long with empty roads ;)

Each to there own, i just much prefer P&O they are usually cheaper (i book the day before i want go home) i thought the ships on Norfolk line i have been on were like on merchant ships given a lick of paint and very poor faclities.

I too tend to travel backwards and forwards during the night, and i always end up getting the earlier ferry for no extra cost.

dj_wudgey
08-03-10, 09:45 AM
well id like to go but if i go germany im spending all my penies on nova parts lol

Stuart
08-03-10, 09:48 AM
might go next year as this year is a beer festival year lol

Wont be with a group though as there are always a few folks out there that you bump into (like the crazy aussie Dave in his K20'd S1 elise etc)

andybishop
09-03-10, 08:57 PM
Everyone bumps into Aussie Dave, he's always out there and has been going for years now

Rexy
09-03-10, 09:20 PM
Mr let nova, No im going with the Mrs and chris a mate. I think there may be a few of us actually heading to the ring, but then me and chris are going B roads hunting :D

let_nova
09-03-10, 09:22 PM
sounds good rexy. im just looking for someone i can tag along with as i havent got a clue where im going or anything lol

Stuart
09-03-10, 09:25 PM
Everyone bumps into Aussie Dave, he's always out there and has been going for years now

yeah, hes probably better known that that man sabine lol

Rexy
09-03-10, 09:26 PM
sounds good rexy. im just looking for someone i can tag along with as i havent got a clue where im going or anything lol

Im sure if we cant find mr chris a "bird" then im sure he would accept a randomer if you pay halves.

Hes a bit of a loon tho, but not quite as bad a me. Saying that' ive calmed down loads..

Rob
09-03-10, 09:29 PM
Im sure if we cant find mr chris a "bird" then im sure he would accept a randomer if you pay halves.

Hes a bit of a loon tho, but not quite as bad a me. Saying that' ive calmed down loads..

lol

karl Rowntree
09-03-10, 10:26 PM
Going twice this year, once with Bishop and the gang and second trip for my stag do! Leaving the nova out there in the hotel car park for the month as cant be doing the drive twice, getting old now..

Let Nova, dont be afraid of taking the trip on yourself, just make sure you do you research. Take a look at www.northloop.co.uk (http://www.northloop.co.uk). All the info and advice you will need is on there. Pm me if you need any info on where to stay etc, £25 a night and 5 mins drive from the track entrance..

Norfolk line midnight ferry is the best imo. Ariive at the ring for 6am, few hours sleep when you get there and then up to the track for a full day.

Karl

let_nova
09-03-10, 10:32 PM
very good info there. what kind of cost would you expect?

andybishop
09-03-10, 11:06 PM
Excuse me... twice with me!! Hmmm hopefully I can manage the drive twice...

karl Rowntree
10-03-10, 08:15 AM
Sorry Andy, easily forgotten lol.

You are looking at approx £500 upwards for a long weekend (friday until say tuesday) I spend approx £700 on a weekend trip which includes petrol, food accomodation laps and all the extras. The more laps you do the more expensive it gets.

Make sure you take out some cover with the ADAC, better thean AA and RAC as they will get you home not only from europe but the UK aswell if your car was to go pop! Plenty of garages out there to help you if you have any problems, I am personally good friends with the owner of TTE-Technics, search for them on the net and make a note of the number incase you have any problems, they wont rip you off.

Karl

mayhem
10-03-10, 02:00 PM
broken down xe/let nova's can be stored at my place:dlol

if there is a group coming over i'll join you guys. im not going for a full weekend, as it's only a 3.5 - 4 hour drive from my house to the Ring.