PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Of Questions.

C2VXL
07-03-10, 09:19 AM
Got a couple of questions i'm needing answers to. These questions are probably obvious to some but still new to Nova's so any info will be a big help.

1. Converting a MK1 Front End to a MK2. To do this, is it, Front wings, lights, grille and bumper? Anything else needed?

2. Building a LET, What fuel tank is best or are they all the same? I have 1.2 tank, is the Gsi tank the same?

3. Upgrading the brakes to 4 pots. Again whats the best Servo to use?

I'm sure i've got more questions but i'll see what response i get to these first.

Thanks in advance.

Nobby
07-03-10, 09:31 AM
Got a couple of questions i'm needing answers to. These questions are probably obvious to some but still new to Nova's so any info will be a big help.

1. Converting a MK1 Front End to a MK2. To do this, is it, Front wings, lights, grille and bumper? Anything else needed?

2. Building a LET, What fuel tank is best or are they all the same? I have 1.2 tank, is the Gsi tank the same?

3. Upgrading the brakes to 4 pots. Again whats the best Servo to use?

I'm sure i've got more questions but i'll see what response i get to these first.

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes bumper, grill, wings, headlights, indicators, but you will need the irons for a mk2 off the bumper support bar.

2. Use a GSI tank should be the best option as its got a swirl pot thing in there to stop the fuel sloshing around.

3. I should think a nova one would be ok but the track boys use corsa servos.

hope this helps:thumb:

AlexW
07-03-10, 09:42 AM
Its not the servo that matters, its the size of the master cylinder.

C2VXL
07-03-10, 09:55 AM
Ok thanks. Ye i meant the servo/master cylinder setup. I take it a Corsa GSi Servo/master cylinder setup is the best as far as standard options go.

let_nova
07-03-10, 10:00 AM
corsa servo is mounted different, its mounted where the nova battery goes, good mod imo

Adam
07-03-10, 10:00 AM
All nova MCs are the same.
You can use a SPi tank with a MPi pump fitted(better option than gsi/gte imo because the pump is internally mounted so doesnt get covered in crap off the wheels)

C2VXL
07-03-10, 10:05 AM
Adam - Sorry if this sounds stupid (i've only just removed the tank - not had a look at it properyl yet) I'm running a let, so i'd be uprating the fuel pump to a walbro one. This effect me using an SPi tank, won't it?

Adam
07-03-10, 10:08 AM
So is it a SPi tank?
No you can remove the spi pump and fit Walbro in its place

C2VXL
07-03-10, 10:11 AM
Ye it's a SPi tank. Ok that's been a big help Adam. I take it the sender unit and pump are just attached to one another and can be seperated. I know i should really go up to the garage and take it apart but it's too cold in Scotland and i'm trying to get parts ordered just now :L

Thanks again.

Adam
07-03-10, 10:21 AM
The sender is seperate from the pump