PDA

View Full Version : Screen Wash Issue And Driver Door Issue

nova1992
06-03-10, 11:23 PM
I have two issues which are puzzling me,

Issue 1.

When i use my screen wash it leaks in the rear section. (Picture Below)

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy280/giveitagoogle/th_P1010503.jpg (http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy280/giveitagoogle/?action=view&current=P1010503.jpg)

It leaks from the top point by the looks of things, runs down the window sills and also into the spare wheel section and out through the bottom.

Would the pipe be broken? or possibly disconnected?

Issue 2.

My drivers door is slighty off set, As soon below

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6503/dscf1668r.th.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/dscf1668r.jpg/)

I have tried straightening myself and also let my old man give it a go. Does not seem to align is there any method to archive this?

As water is leaking into my drivers side, and creating damp patches.

Thank you.

AlexW
06-03-10, 11:32 PM
Wash pipe is broken, prob where it goes through the hole in the car and into the gromit to the bootlid.

Door has been bent at some point, wide down the window, open the door and bend it back the other way, not hard.

nova1992
06-03-10, 11:35 PM
I thought it would be the point where it jumps to tailgate. I had a little play with it but couldn't seem to get the spoiler off.

And if the door would bend back that easy i would'nt of posted. Whats the best way to bend it back? We've tried a few times now.

mowgli
06-03-10, 11:38 PM
the quick fix is to blank off the pipe..... the not quick fix involves taking the roof lining apart & fitting a new pipe

as for the door, put a small block of wood top & bottom & used something like a ratchet strap to pull the middle from the other side

AlexW
06-03-10, 11:38 PM
I done it before, i just opened the door and put my leg against the inside and then pulled the top.

Best thing to do with the washer is to run it down the sill trims etc.

nova1992
06-03-10, 11:40 PM
Mowgli When you say blank off pipe, just disable rear washer?

AW06 i hae tried this but i am affraid of creating more damage, ill give it another shot tomorrow and see what happened.

AlexW
06-03-10, 11:41 PM
TBH the door is already funked as its been bent.

mowgli
06-03-10, 11:41 PM
Mowgli When you say blank off pipe, just disable rear washer?

AW06 i hae tried this but i am affraid of creating more damage, ill give it another shot tomorrow and see what happened.

its a bodge, but it saves the rear quarter from more corrosion

Dave.
06-03-10, 11:43 PM
I done it before, i just opened the door and put my leg against the inside and then pulled the top.

Best thing to do with the washer is to run it down the sill trims etc.

PIKEY! lol

If you grab the top, the top of the door will bend, however youll then be left with a gap in the middle between the top and bottom, as the door is easier to bend one way then the other

Providing its not too damaged, wind down the window, knee underneath the door pin, hands just under halfway down the frame, and pull it in slowly, if you rgab the top, itll be fubared

When i bought mine it has been bent back a good inch, i did this, now fits, and no leaks :thumb:

nova1992
06-03-10, 11:44 PM
Thanks Mowgli ill see what i can do, Does the rear washer system have anything to do with a small can under the wheel arch on the passenger side?

nova1992
06-03-10, 11:45 PM
PIKEY! lol

If you grab the top, the top of the door will bend, however youll then be left with a gap in the middle between the top and bottom, as the door is easier to bend one way then the other

Providing its not too damaged, wind down the window, knee underneath the door pin, hands just under halfway down the frame, and pull it in slowly, if you rgab the top, itll be fubared

When i bought mine it has been bent back a good inch, i did this, now fits, and no leaks :thumb:

Thanks!! I will give this a try, Thats the type of answer i was looking for. God i love PNG CLUB! :thumb:

AlexW
06-03-10, 11:47 PM
Small can is carbon canister, not needed.

nova1992
06-03-10, 11:49 PM
As it was in my way during trail fitting of bumper, What is it's purpose? Can i just take it off completey? All of the pipes connected to the can are so worn i doubt it works anyway.

AlexW
06-03-10, 11:50 PM
Bin it. One goes to the inlet/TB iirc, bin that and block it, one is just a open end into the xmember, and theres another that goes to the fuel tank, leave this one, as its the breather.

nova1992
06-03-10, 11:52 PM
Ok i will do that tomorrow :thumb:

Cheers fella +1 rep!

Benn
07-03-10, 08:48 AM
You can re pipe the rear washer. Halfords sell the tubing, as well ebay and such.