PDA

View Full Version : C20xe fault again?

Damo
06-03-10, 12:10 AM
Right guys i posted a thread earlier in the week saying i had 3 fault code showing up on my c20xe.

1. oxygen sensor. no change in voltage.
2. knock senosr 1. no change in voltage.
3. AFM. low voltage.

So tonite i tryed another known working AFM and ecu to rule these out but still the same faults persist but upon talking to another friend he says that it couild be that im running a 1.2 alternator on i and that its no producing enough power at 3000-3500rpm to keep the sensors running properly any gen on this?

Also he says i could have a dodgy connection in the loom somewhere but ineed to rule the alternator out first.

And also do the fuel tenk vent vlave click when you blip the throttle as mine does andi ve been told to block it off as it can cause them to run lean any gen on this also?

And whilst ive been driving it ive noticed that i only getting 39 mile to a tenner on a steady run is this right?

sorry for the essay guys just want to try get to the bottom of it lol.

any help apprecaited.

damo.

Jon_nova1
06-03-10, 12:37 AM
does a 1.2 alternator fit? lol

you will get low mpg, you AFM and oxygen sensors arn't operational

Damo
06-03-10, 09:55 AM
well the thing is that the EML light only comes on between 3000-3500rpm so would that be saying that there working up to that point?

Thats why i was asking if the alternator is suitable or not and if it would cause this kind of fault?

Forgot to add that since my last posted thread ive added an alternmator eartrh and gearbox earth just to rule these out.

Damo
06-03-10, 07:28 PM
Right just to add to this ive fitted a bigger alternator to rule that out off a 1.7td astra an what a ba**ache that was having to get bit out from the underneath but after all the messing around its still produceing the same faults so im lost :tard: .

General Baxter
06-03-10, 07:46 PM
ill say it again, have you reset the ecu from the old 02 sensor fault ?

Damo
06-03-10, 07:52 PM
ill say it again, have you reset the ecu from the old 02 sensor fault ?

Yea ecus been off 4 million times nick since then lol.

General Baxter
06-03-10, 08:17 PM
try again lol

id just run thru all the earths, replace them all ect:

Damo
06-03-10, 08:26 PM
try again lol

id just run thru all the earths, replace them all ect:
Yea am gunna do that nick ive had them all off again today too but like i said same faults lol would the if the knock sensor was goosed would it cause all the other faults to show? Like you said though am gunna reset the ecu again tomorrow as ive had the replace the AFM and lambda since ive had it so they might still be logged as faults on the ecu.

General Baxter
06-03-10, 08:29 PM
bin it carbs ftw lol

Damo
06-03-10, 08:32 PM
bin it carbs ftw lol

NNNNNoooooooo standard injection lol.