PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem

supernova.629
05-03-10, 05:23 PM
hi i was just wundring if eny one no how to fit a new clutch relese bareing it makes a noise but when i rest my foot on clutch it stops 1.4sr

Pistol Pete
05-03-10, 06:11 PM
I'm guessing (poor spelling doesnt help BTW!) that your clutch releae bearing is shot. Got access to a Haynes? That will help you. I havent ever worked on these engines. I'm guessing gearbox out, change bearing (assuming the clutch itself is good) and refit.

craig green
05-03-10, 06:14 PM
If its a std Nova box, the flywheel/clutch access plate can be removed & the release bearing swapped without removing the gearbox. Someone will clarify this.

chrisnieldgte
05-03-10, 08:37 PM
yep if its a standard / original box it will have a inspection plate to remove at the bottom of bellhousing. them helpful ppl at vauxhall :) nice easy job. u say when you rest your foot on the clutch the noise goes? your not fully pressing it are you? normally noise that go when the clutch is pressed = gearbox. as it stops turning when the clutch is pressed (stating the obvious haha)

supernova.629
06-03-10, 09:04 PM
yeh the noise goes away when you rest you'r foot on clutch...

Joe Richardson
07-03-10, 03:29 PM
yep on the SR's you dont have to take the box out,just remove the inspection plate underneath :thumb: