PDA

View Full Version : average speed cameras do they work

colebag
04-03-10, 10:19 PM
as in title there is fecking loads of these on the m6 but no one seems to slow down for them do they work?

auzzy2000
04-03-10, 10:21 PM
not if your on a motorbike:-)

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 10:21 PM
dont know speed through them and let us know

colebag
04-03-10, 10:23 PM
i have done will let you no

wwmnw
04-03-10, 11:00 PM
I noticed this too on the way to VBOA, loads of cameras and my mate was doing 5 mph under the speed signposted but everyone else was steaming past us, especially bikers lol

colebag
04-03-10, 11:14 PM
i heard if you swap you lanes your ok dont no how true it is

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 11:15 PM
bikes have no front plate so they carnt read them so they do fly through them as for 5mph below if that was on the clocks there usualy about 5 mph out at least mine show 50mph but on chav nav it shows 45 i usualy go through at 50 on the chav nav which is 55 on the clocks and and its surprising how many peoples you overtake i regularly go through the almost 20 mile stretch of them on the m1 and have never had a problem with using the speed of the road angel

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 11:17 PM
i heard if you swap you lanes your ok dont no how true it is

total myth it uses number plate recognition and knows the distance between them if there in opperation you will get fined there on a local stretch of road and ive lost count of the number of people that have been done

my origional coment was due to not knowing if the cameras are in opperation

colebag
04-03-10, 11:23 PM
is it just a fine on them or 3 points as well some one said they went on the gov web site and said it was just a fine

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 11:46 PM
no 3 points and fine but depends what speed your doing could be more than 3 points

scott.parker
05-03-10, 12:25 AM
as in title there is fecking loads of these on the m6 but no one seems to slow down for them do they work?

There is some on M6 near Walsall/Wolverhampton, and Nottingham, and then some more up north near Leeds way, and all the other ones i have been through also NO there gay none work.. :thumb:

draper
05-03-10, 07:26 AM
the ones at nottingham are there for a reason tho - roadworks, anyone who speeds through them where men are working is an idiot imo

Ernie
05-03-10, 07:33 AM
Well put Drapper.
If you cant sit at 50mph for a few miles in the road works you shouldnt be on the roads really.
Try standing next to 3 lanes of fast moving traffic then try working in it.Its not nice.
rant over.

General Baxter
05-03-10, 07:46 AM
Well put Draper.
If you cant sit at 50mph for a few miles in the road works you shouldnt be on the roads really.
Try standing next to 3 lanes of fast moving traffic then try working in it.Its not nice.
rant over.

what workers
thats why there all on double figure wages, hazard pay,
motorway is 70 (90lol) for me, i don't have time to dordle at 50mph,

i was comming home from a brakedown lastmonth, 1am on the motorway, me and 1 other car, the other car was doing 50 in the middlelane, as i dont think he wanted to hit the workers, which WERNT there, i under cut him, gave him the finger and sped off lol

burgo
05-03-10, 07:50 AM
what workers
thats why there all on double figure wages, hazard pay,
motorway is 70 (90lol) for me, i don't have time to dordle at 50mph,

i was comming home from a brakedown lastmonth, 1am on the motorway, me and 1 other car, the other car was doing 50 in the middlelane, as i dont think he wanted to hit the workers, which WERNT there, i under cut him, gave him the finger and sped off lol

:wtf::tard: wow well done you

as for people appearing to go faster than you they probably are. my speedo has to point at 54 to do satnav 50

General Baxter
05-03-10, 07:51 AM
even my 08 plate van does that, reads 4-5mph over lol

thedjse
05-03-10, 01:02 PM
the ones at nottingham are there for a reason tho - roadworks, anyone who speeds through them where men are working is an idiot imo

What workers????

I was driving down to Parts fair and didnt see one :wtf:

General Baxter
05-03-10, 01:04 PM
i seen 1 worker on the m6 roadworks, he was going into a porta loo lol

Nova_Tek
05-03-10, 01:19 PM
Average speed cameras work fine where I am. There used to be quite a few on the M11. Some people still speed but you see them later on doing like 35mph so they don't get caught, idiots. My Speedo is fairly accurate. Satnav says 50 when I'm 51/52.

Silly thing with them is that they are also on when there is no work being carried out. Mate of mine from work was returning home at 3am, no workers, no other cars. Didnt realise the cameras and got caught doing 60.

Jack
05-03-10, 01:33 PM
total myth it uses number plate recognition and knows the distance between them if there in opperation you will get fined there on a local stretch of road and ive lost count of the number of people that have been done

my origional coment was due to not knowing if the cameras are in opperation
Word is they're type approved in the uk for one lane only, so changing lanes diddles them. Problem is you never know which ones are paired

Southie
05-03-10, 02:20 PM
Have a look at this for reference to where speed cameras are CLICKY (http://www.speedcameramap.co.uk/) :d

Adam
05-03-10, 03:07 PM

my origional coment was due to not knowing if the cameras are in opperation Yes but the first camera logs your plate,the next camera monitoring that lane is then looking for your reg plate....
So if your in a different lane the camera monitoring that lane isnt looking for your plate.....?

draper
05-03-10, 04:26 PM
What workers????

I was driving down to Parts fair and didnt see one :wtf:

thats ok then, maybe they should change the signs to 'only 50 when you see a bloke in hi-viz jacket' :roll:

thats like saying its ok to jump a red light if theres no other traffic on a junction

scott.parker
05-03-10, 05:06 PM
It's true though, Ive never seen any workers on the motorways that have these cameras on them, and im talking any time of the day/night..

And if they worked at all i would have lost my license by now as they had them near Hinckly Leicester way a few years ago, and i never got caught, didn't swap lanes neither.

Scott

mowgli
05-03-10, 05:09 PM
the ones on the M5 have cables between them... most others don't

colebag
05-03-10, 05:52 PM
im a road worker and like some one said we get danger money its part the job having a wing mirror tap your ass at 70

Pistol Pete
05-03-10, 05:58 PM
Eh??!! If you are, as you say a road worker, you will automatically slow down for them. Because as you say a wing mirrior tapping your ass at 70mph would hurt a tad!!!!

Jon_nova1
05-03-10, 06:02 PM
He never said he didn't slow down, he said basically he gets danger money as there is danger involved

General Baxter
05-03-10, 06:03 PM
if they get smacked on the head with a mirror, whats he doing the other side of the massive concrete bollard ?

scott.parker
05-03-10, 06:11 PM
im a road worker and like some one said we get danger money its part the job having a wing mirror tap your ass at 70

lol lol lol have this comedy sketch vision in my head, like a Benny hill sketch or something!

Pistol Pete
05-03-10, 06:14 PM
He never said he didn't slow down, he said basically he gets danger money as there is danger involved

His original post would imply that he was unsure if they work. If he had been speding through them, this would cause concern. If he hasnt, why worry?!

dj_wudgey
07-03-10, 11:08 AM
the bloke across the road from me nailed it through them on the way home from work and yes they do work im not so shure about the ones on the m6 but on the m1 they do lol