PDA

View Full Version : Donny - wots the verdict?

CP
13-04-03, 09:09 PM
Well what did ya'll think of it then?

My verdict is:
The plus side: Good atmosphere, great weather, big crowds and plenty to see :wink: .
The downside: Maybe I've been going too much or just getting old and jaded but there was very little there that really jingled my bell. It was, over very large parts of it, very "samey" i.e. the same old bodykits on the same cars. Way too many pugs with Ecosse type kits and far too much fast and furious influence - a helluva a lot of people using the same styling ideas and the same add on bits. For instance virtually every Nova had a digi dash - anyone with NOS used the same style solenoids etc etc. It would be nice to see more variation

The best Nova there I thought in terms of overall style and quality of workmanship was the X Nova. Very clean and well prepared throughout. Well done Novax - quality.

Overall I enjoyed it tho and was glad I went.

ZuG
13-04-03, 09:13 PM
was alrite, cant believe that mr2 with the ferrarri kit. that bloke in the minis was good. It was my first car show and it was ok but nothing really spectacular. alot of saxos and corsas.

fearless
13-04-03, 10:50 PM
Being goin 2 donny for years now - and normally nova turn out is reasonably good - but this year there didnt seem 2 be anything new
Just the same engine conversions and body kits !!
Is no one brave enough 2 do something different or have we run out of ideas 4 novas !!!

Only things that impressed me were the ladies and the mid engined peugeot 106 !! :D

Phil_G
13-04-03, 10:57 PM
Hi,

apart from

the dust,

brainless wankers in orions bouncing their car off the rev limiter all night,

intermittent water to the showers,

camping ground being organised by an orang utan,

someone setting fire to their tent (D'oh!)

it were great...

then again - i got something i wanted as long as ive had a nova for.... Cheers to CP for delivering and Breeny for the parts :)

cheers

Phil

CP
13-04-03, 11:14 PM
lol phil.
What is it with the revving to the rev limiter from cold and then turning the engine off straightaway thing that a lot of these jokers do?

Why? To see how much engine wear they can initiate?

Whats next - stick a screw driver thru their ECU's and get their engines to run so lean that the pistons melt?

Ian
14-04-03, 01:30 AM
Being goin 2 donny for years now - and normally nova turn out is reasonably good - but this year there didnt seem 2 be anything new
Just the same engine conversions and body kits !!
Is no one brave enough 2 do something different or have we run out of ideas 4 novas !!!

Only things that impressed me were the ladies and the mid engined peugeot 106 !! :D

my thoughts exactly.

i bet you havent even started your van yet either have you dave?

olly55
14-04-03, 10:43 AM
was a good turnotu and that mid engied 106 was class workmanship,

CP: is it ur mota thats all rallied up with thegraphics etc??

if so u stopepd and let me drive into the campsite on sat morning, love the motor them windows r ace,

Ste_Nova
14-04-03, 10:59 AM
what u bought phil?

Phil_G
14-04-03, 08:57 PM
HI,

you wont be interested Ste - it only has eight valves... :P :lol:

phil