PDA

View Full Version : Rear engine mount replacement

l1nuxxx
04-03-10, 03:41 PM
Hi I have a C25XE in my Nova. When accelerating or blipping the throttle the engine rocks, All the bolts are tight on the mounts but I think the rear mount rubber is away. I looks like a standard Nova mount was used. Where would I get a decient but not to expensive replacement? I have filled it with tigerseal type product but I would rather replace it.

MattBrown
04-03-10, 03:42 PM
Vauxhall:(

£28+vat IIRC!

nova_saloon
04-03-10, 03:43 PM
autovaux should do one. When doing it fill it with lots of black sealent let it set then stick it on. Heard it helps. couple of people i know that raced them did it aswell. Makes them a bit better under stress mate.! expecially with a v6 :P

l1nuxxx
04-03-10, 03:57 PM
autovaux should do one. When doing it fill it with lots of black sealent let it set then stick it on. Heard it helps. couple of people i know that raced them did it aswell. Makes them a bit better under stress mate.! expecially with a v6 :P

Cool. At least if I order one new and fill it, it willbe a bit better. I know you can get competition mounts but I don't want to spend a fortune. Is this what I need

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/VAUXHALL_NOVA_REAR_ENGINE_MOUNT_-_petrol_engines._-_90223327N.html

Looks about right, do they come with the metal frame to bolt straight on or is it just the rubber?

MattBrown
04-03-10, 04:07 PM
Cool. At least if I order one new and fill it, it willbe a bit better. I know you can get competition mounts but I don't want to spend a fortune. Is this what I need

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/VAUXHALL_NOVA_REAR_ENGINE_MOUNT_-_petrol_engines._-_90223327N.html

Looks about right, do they come with the metal frame to bolt straight on or is it just the rubber?

Comes as you see it!:thumb:

nova_saloon
04-03-10, 04:36 PM
lol thats where i got mine from as fair as i remeber. Well cheap and holding up my XE just fine. but yeh copetition mounts arnt the greatest mate believe me they hold the engine at a funny angle as i have heard and they ont make for a comfy ride as all the vibrations go through the car there so solid, plus ive head they have split or gone to **** really quickly. where as standard mounts should last you a time, expecially if you fil them with the black silicone, just put a sheet of cling flim on the bottom and get filling!

Sloth
04-03-10, 05:26 PM
when you fill it with poo/snot/wag/silkaflex, put some big nuts in the holes first, then gob it up.