PDA

View Full Version : Bargain?

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 03:26 PM
Hi All, Last night i purchased an E36 BMW 325i Coupe Manual. In Dark Met blue, 1994 L-reg, 170,000miles, but runs nicely. Full Supersprint exhaust system, K&N Filter, Lowering springs, uprated speakers, its got the digital computer (Rare in these). Bit rusty around the back arches and on one side they've bodge repaired it. Drivers lovely, No Tax but MOT Until Dec 2010. None leather version, 3 dr. coupe. 16" BMW Alloys with resonable tyres. Sub and Amp in boot but no headunit

£150, i paid for it, is that cheap would you say,

By the way, its got half a tank of fuel in it ;)

Comments please

MattBrown
04-03-10, 03:27 PM
Not really:(

Worth scrap value lol lol lol

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 03:28 PM
not even with those parts and fuel in it lol, also has a Zender rear spoiler on it too

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 03:29 PM
If the engine is healthy enough then yes, a bit of a bargain. I would of paid a bit more for one without any rust though but that won't cost much to get sorted. Could easily get money back in bits when you come to sell.

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 03:31 PM
Yeah the engine is pretty good in it, goes well enough, i bought it mainly to do a wee bit of driftin in, i thought as its a bit of a "Dog" anyway, doesn't matter if it dies

L14MNP
04-03-10, 03:32 PM
Get the MiG out - and I don't mean for the arches. lol

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 03:39 PM
Yeah the engine is pretty good in it, goes well enough, i bought it mainly to do a wee bit of driftin in, i thought as its a bit of a "Dog" anyway, doesn't matter if it dies

Funny you say that. Sometime soon i am after buying a coupe purely to practice drifting in and wanted a 2.5 with a bit of a battered body but with mot. I would be happy spending £250-£300 and what you have described would of been ideal.

For what it is, it's cheap enough. When you have enough split it and weigh it in :thumb:

Mike
04-03-10, 03:43 PM
Youll have to price it pish cheap when you come to sell it, either that or weight it in.

MattBrown
04-03-10, 03:45 PM
Its a shame, as theyre hell of a good car, no one want old tat anymore! lol

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 03:51 PM
lol, yeah once i've stripped it out, drifted it till it dies, i will then rip and it apart, sell any good bits and just weigh it in, or sell it dirt cheap to a mate who has a 316 so he can rob the computer etc out of it lol.

I had £150's worth of fun in it on the way home though lol, so can't complain i suppose

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 03:54 PM
It's exactly what i want. Don't damage it too bad and il buy it off you if you are bored with it in a few months lol

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 03:56 PM
lol, I won't be damaging it to much. will defo need some tyres when i have finished with it. I will get some pics up over the weekend. With the sport turning into a full on long term kinda project i probably will be forced to sell in a few months anyway (Also as i'm moving house in april), i have too many cars as it is, lol

I'll let you know if i do decide to get rid mate

L14MNP
04-03-10, 03:59 PM
What's the planned spec then? lol

muzzy
04-03-10, 04:00 PM
Cant really complain with a car for £150, not seen a car going that cheap up here for a good while.

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 04:02 PM
Planned spec? of the nova you mean mate or the bimmer.

I Bought a calibra redtop last year for £150, drove it for a week, sold it for £250, not bad going as it had over 160k on it lol

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 04:13 PM
lol, I won't be damaging it to much. will defo need some tyres when i have finished with it. I will get some pics up over the weekend. With the sport turning into a full on long term kinda project i probably will be forced to sell in a few months anyway (Also as i'm moving house in april), i have too many cars as it is, lol

I'll let you know if i do decide to get rid mate

Cheers :thumb: Have fun in the meantime lol

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 04:15 PM
I will try mate lol, don't get time to go drifting much, have to work on the nova or get in the bora and travel loads of miles to get bits for the nova, whilst working full time 5 days a week lol

L14MNP
04-03-10, 04:16 PM
Planned spec? of the nova you mean mate or the bimmer.

Zim Zimmer lol

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 04:41 PM
lol

Strip out the rear seats, boot carpets and panels and all the other gubbins in there, Fix a few little niggly things that need doing, tidy up the rear arches a wee bit,

other than that, not much really, it goes plenty well enough to drift as it is, and i don't wanna spend big bucks on it tbh.

In an ideal world a supercharger, 6 pots, coilovers, buckets and a cage would be nice lol

Sloth
04-03-10, 04:42 PM
flol thats cheap. 25 eh? proper m50 with the big mani aswell. got a set of std bmw 15's here with new tyres on em if you want em as a spare set. pm me if interested

CavalierTurbo
04-03-10, 04:57 PM
cheers mate, yeah 2.5 M50, will need another set soon, how much you after fella? don't wanna spend much on it tbh cos it's all going on the Nova atm

Sloth
04-03-10, 05:05 PM
£50. considering there all in unscratched cond and have new tyre on em its a bargain.