PDA

View Full Version : I Love My Nova!!!!

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:20 AM
Just got in from "drapers" got pulled by a hidden speed trap near my house and got the soundest copper ever! he had to do me for speeding but seemed reluctant, then he radio'd my plate through to find the MOT had expired a month ago, X2 bold tyres, and a smashed headlight! i thought ahhh sh1t im fooked now!!! and he turned to the car and said i havent seen a nova in ages i used to love em as a kid and sent me on my way with just a speeding ticket!!! and said get your car sorted n we've done hundreds here tonight so dunt beat ur self up! :thumb:

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:22 AM
Nice 1!
Suppose it goes to show that coppers can be alright and are normaly people lol.

EDIT - How can you forget to get an M.O.T lol

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 12:23 AM
Do you often drive around with no mot and bald tyres? :wtf: :cool:

muzzy
04-03-10, 12:25 AM
Nice :roll:

Nova-rich
No the retest is tomorrow they put my tyres down as "on the legal limit" on the test last week but they could easy of done me for them.

brainsnova
Do you often drive around with no mot and bald tyres? :wtf: :cool:

he's running bold tyres ;)

novasrikev
04-03-10, 12:26 AM
bout time we had some good cops about not that many round my end though

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:27 AM
Read previous comment... legal limit but coppers could of done me if they'd been dicks

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 12:27 AM
he's running bold tyres ;)

Is that somesort of chunky tyre? :eek:

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:28 AM
I couldnt believe my luck!

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:28 AM
It's the new ''word'' on the ''street'' for ''wide''/''stretched'' tyres lol

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 12:31 AM
If i was a cop i would give points to anybody with a 'scene' car lol Get rid of all the veedubs and the wannabes!

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:32 AM
If i was a cop i would give points to anybody with a 'scene' car lol Get rid of all the veedubs and the wannabes!
I won't mention that i'm looking for a VW for my next car then lol.!!!!
Sorry! :D

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 12:33 AM
I won't mention that i'm looking for a VW for my next car then lol.!!!!
Sorry! :D

Fit some bold tyres then :cool:

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:35 AM
What the hell is a "scene" car?

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:37 AM
Like sorta a trend what everyone follows.
Same old Same old.

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 12:38 AM
every car has a scene just some are larger than others vauxhalls have a scene not as large as ford or vw but definatly a scene christ even 2cvs have there followers

so for yor rational gsi kit and speedlines in our case then lol

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:39 AM
ahhh, you mean as in, on the DUB-scene?

NovaLad
INNIT!
Check out the Morris Marinas Owners Club lol
http://www.morrismarina.org.uk/

L33 LEG
What the hell is a "scene" car?

Some people like to follow certain trends. The trend that i am seeing everywhere at the moment is what the VW guys are doing. Very low car, stupidly tyre wrecking camber, idiotic stickers plastered all over the windows, random chequers on either the bonnets, roofs or ever rim of the wheels and to top it all off apparantly it is 'cool' to have rusty panels :wtf:

I am classing that as a 'scene' car. As much as i don't like the sound of your car at the moment but i feel i like it a whole lot better than the majority of crap out there :thumb:

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:41 AM
lol...
You just described what type of look i ''MITE'' go for Lee lol.
But it's only because it's 1 of the cars i want to own in my life to say i have done that.
I'm coming back to novas end of year or next year hopefully :)

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 12:44 AM
lol...
You just described what type of look i ''MITE'' go for Lee lol.
But it's only because it's 1 of the cars i want to own in my life to say i have done that.
I'm coming back to novas end of year or next year hopefully :)

Sorry lol End of the day it is your car...i just wont like it though :p

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:46 AM
Some people like to follow certain trends. The trend that i am seeing everywhere at the moment is what the VW guys are doing. Very low car, stupidly tyre wrecking camber, idiotic stickers plastered all over the windows, random chequers on either the bonnets, roofs or ever rim of the wheels and to top it all off apparantly it is 'cool' to have rusty panels :wtf:

I am classing that as a 'scene' car. As much as i don't like the sound of your car at the moment but i feel i like it a whole lot better than the majority of crap out there :thumb:

You dont like my car? you havent even scene it! Lol, see what i did there!
Yeah ive got a few mates into that sort of thing, If you ever get chatting to one, just start talking about engines and power figures, you'll soon lose them as its just cosmetics that they do, im led to believe a widebase of the dub-scene is boycotting "The Rat Look" as common and overshadowing real automotive talent I.E concourse builders like myself!

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:49 AM
Oh i'm not doing that ''low and slow'' crap with a V-Dub.
Want a nice nippy 1 lol.
Maybe a 1.8t MK4 AUG engine think they 150bhp remap to about 200.
Don't hold me to that though lol.

Think it's the AUM you can remap and get up to about 220? Mite be wrong again though lol

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:50 AM
whats the difference between the AUM and the BAM engine?

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 12:52 AM
You dont like my car? you havent even scene it! Lol, see what i did there!
Yeah ive got a few mates into that sort of thing, If you ever get chatting to one, just start talking about engines and power figures, you'll soon lose them as its just cosmetics that they do, im led to believe a widebase of the dub-scene is boycotting "The Rat Look" as common and overshadowing real automotive talent I.E concourse builders like myself!

I know i havnt seen your car, just thought i would call it for having bald tyres and the likes Lol. Wasnt getting at you personally :thumb:

If i was a hardcore VW enthusiast i would be ashamed of what is happening with their trend. Seeing vauxhalls and all the other cheap hatchbacks trying to do the same mods will be very embarrassing for them. There are a few examples around here and i really cannot understand it at all. I am all for people doing what they want as its their car but rusty panels and stickers really piss me off lol The camber and stance i can understand, just some people take it too far.

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:53 AM
Really don't know mate never heard of a BAM lol.
That a piss take lol?

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:57 AM
No its an audi 1.8T variation think you need to do some more reading up if ur to get one! lol

EDIT- dont bother its the 225bhp standard variation. £1k for lump.

NovaLad
04-03-10, 12:58 AM
I don't want a BAM... sounds like something off the flintstones lol!
I'll stick to the stuff i ''know'' then :d

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 01:01 AM
Yeah think thats best

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 01:10 AM
I know i havnt seen your car, just thought i would call it for having bald tyres and the likes Lol. Wasnt getting at you personally :thumb:

If i was a hardcore VW enthusiast i would be ashamed of what is happening with their trend. Seeing vauxhalls and all the other cheap hatchbacks trying to do the same mods will be very embarrassing for them. There are a few examples around here and i really cannot understand it at all. I am all for people doing what they want as its their car but rusty panels and stickers really piss me off lol The camber and stance i can understand, just some people take it too far.

lots have cars have bald tyres we had a 09 plate in the shop at work last week with 3! the car is awiting major work as of april so not spending on it till then, nissan turbo conversions arnt cheap!!!

Yeah i agree, i dont think its a trend that will stand the test of time though.

Damo
04-03-10, 08:19 AM
Where bouts you say you got pulled rich up in cudworth? There were loads ov cops about last night tohugh as there were two smashes nearby lol.

Riggy
04-03-10, 10:23 AM
am i goin to be the first one then and say that copper was an **** hole , he should of took your car off you .. sorry to sound harsh but your car failed an mot 1 month ago and you are waiting for a re-test (fair do's there) but why the **** are you driving it then , your mot has expired , hence making you insurance invalid in the event of a crash and to top it off you have 2 tyres which you know are bald and a smashed headlight , are you real ...... at least i dont need to wonder why my insurance is the price it is when there are people like yourself driving around in un safe car FFS

muzzy
04-03-10, 10:26 AM
am i goin to be the first one then and say that copper was an **** hole , he should of took your car off you .. sorry to sound harsh but your car failed an mot 1 month ago and you are waiting for a re-test (fair do's there) but why the **** are you driving it then , your mot has expired , hence making you insurance invalid in the event of a crash and to top it off you have 2 tyres which you know are bald and a smashed headlight , are you real ...... at least i dont need to wonder why my insurance is the price it is when there are people like yourself driving around in un safe car FFS

This is true, i did wonder about the whole MOT thing but assumed it was on it's way to retest, although didn't notice the fact it had a smashed headlight lol

nova danny1
04-03-10, 10:36 AM

you missed out stupid bonnet braslol

L33 LEG
04-03-10, 10:58 AM
Ah **** lol yes, bonnet bras. bonnets get stone chipped and may need a respray every couple of years costing around £50-£100. Some peole will pay that for somesort of bin liner and attatch it to their bonnet. Yes itl hide the very small chips of paint missing but look what you have on the bonnet instead :| It's so stupid and you will still get the bumper covered in chips.

Roof racks aswell...

Some people :(

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:09 PM

Good job were not all dicks like you then! stop crying! If your insurance premium is high maybe you should stop driving like a tw*t because ive been paying £270 for the past 3 years! "in the event of a crash your insurance is invalid" here we go, the whiter than white brigade who claim to be the be all and end all of right and wrong there are folk like you on every forum the copper had a bout 5 other acomplices and all saw fit to just let me go so shut up you gimp! the retest was in a matter of hours and he saw how close to home i was. :cry:

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 12:10 PM
This is true, i did wonder about the whole MOT thing but assumed it was on it's way to retest, although didn't notice the fact it had a smashed headlight lol

Well technically it was because i dumped the car outside the garage lastnight :thumb:

Riggy
04-03-10, 12:30 PM
Good job were not all dicks like you then! stop crying! If your insurance premium is high maybe you should stop driving like a tw*t because ive been paying £270 for the past 3 years! "in the event of a crash your insurance is invalid" here we go, the whiter than white brigade who claim to be the be all and end all of right and wrong there are folk like you on every forum the copper had a bout 5 other acomplices and all saw fit to just let me go so shut up you gimp! the retest was in a matter of hours and he saw how close to home i was. :cry:

****ing little prick , your the one in the wrong you little ****bag , and my insurance isnt high for your infomation , £360 for a XE nova fully declared etc etc , with a mot ,

and as for my point about insurance being invalid ....... well it is isn't it

:tosser:

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 12:44 PM

grow up your in the wrong

riggy is also right about your insurance having worked in the industry for 8 years i can confirm that if the vehicle is not mot'd driving it other than for going to an mot will invalidate your insurance

muzzy
04-03-10, 12:46 PM
So you put your car to test with a smashed headlight and bald tyres :tard:

auzzy-b
04-03-10, 12:56 PM
a similar thing happened to me when i was pulled over, the cop just wanted to take a look at my car lol then we started talking about different air filters and trackdays etc, was cool!:)

mowgli
04-03-10, 01:29 PM
no mot and bald

THE STORY OF MY LIFE.............:(

L14MNP
04-03-10, 01:36 PM
Nice one L33 I never knew you felt so strongly about the watercooled Dub fan boys! A lot of their cars are cringeworthy! Cheapo FK coilovers, 'retro' stickers and a set of Porsche rims then out with the DA and salt water! Fools!
Don't get me started on all that rusty needless crap piled ontop of the roof!

The only real Dubbers are the air cooled boys IMO.

As for O.P Sort it out mate. You really shouldn't have been driving a car in that state. You fit the publics perception of the Nova owner to a T!

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 03:47 PM
grow up your in the wrong

riggy is also right about your insurance having worked in the industry for 8 years i can confirm that if the vehicle is not mot'd driving it other than for going to an mot will invalidate your insurance

Not disputing that, just appriciating my luck of not being convicted for it? is that wrong!? if so i dont give a sh1t!

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 03:48 PM
So you put your car to test with a smashed headlight and bald tyres :tard:

No the lense cracked after the test and the tyres were on the orange caution sheet of the mot.

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 03:50 PM
Nice one L33 I never knew you felt so strongly about the watercooled Dub fan boys! A lot of their cars are cringeworthy! Cheapo FK coilovers, 'retro' stickers and a set of Porsche rims then out with the DA and salt water! Fools!
Don't get me started on all that rusty needless crap piled ontop of the roof!

The only real Dubbers are the air cooled boys IMO.

As for O.P Sort it out mate. You really shouldn't have been driving a car in that state. You fit the publics perception of the Nova owner to a T!

Its a work in progress pal she comes off the road next month for nissan turbo engine, so got to put up with it till then.:roll:

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 04:00 PM
****ing little prick , your the one in the wrong you little ****bag , and my insurance isnt high for your infomation , £360 for a XE nova fully declared etc etc , with a mot ,

and as for my point about insurance being invalid ....... well it is isn't it

:tosser:

STFU You total faggot! im not saying it was right or it was good im appriciating my luck being as i was allowed to drive my car away! yes i know that insurance is technically invalid with no MOT but wont be a problem from now on as its sorted so all the little moanin to$$ers can stop sulking! think you need to get a life pal getting all worked upover summat so trivial!

L14MNP
04-03-10, 04:02 PM
What Nissan engine you fitting mate? Asked you in another thread but maybe you never saw it?

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 04:06 PM
What Nissan engine you fitting mate? Asked you in another thread but maybe you never saw it?

Its a CA18DET engine S13 200sx with skyline turbo, injectors, cooler ETC Im just waiting for the tax to run out on it so i can pull it off the road and used my concourse Astra GTE for the summer while im doing the conversion.

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 04:08 PM
STFU You total faggot! im not saying it was right or it was good im appriciating my luck being as i was allowed to drive my car away! yes i know that insurance is technically invalid with no MOT but wont be a problem from now on as its sorted so all the little moanin to$$ers can stop sulking! think you need to get a life pal getting all worked upover summat so trivial!

your people skill are phenominal

L14MNP
04-03-10, 04:11 PM
Its a CA18DET engine S13 200sx with skyline turbo, injectors, cooler ETC Im just waiting for the tax to run out on it so i can pull it off the road and used my concourse Astra GTE for the summer while im doing the conversion.

Cool mate. Was it not easier starting with the Bluebird variant of the CA18, assuming you're staying FWD?

I look forward to seeing this project - watch those Cadburys bottom ends. lol

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 04:11 PM
your people skill are phenominal

Sorry pal but im not being spoken to like that on my thread, Like i said im not saying for a second that it was right or good but it does happen and i was lucky but some people see that as a cue to spit their preverbial dummy out.

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 04:15 PM
Cool mate. Was it not easier starting with the Bluebird variant of the CA18, assuming you're staying FWD?

I look forward to seeing this project - watch those Cadburys bottom ends. lol

Lmao yeah she'll be FWD nah the 200sx is much more tunable and easier to get parts for.

Yeah i know about the bottom ends ive been on the 200sx forum and its just down to blocked breathers and poor maintenance the oil galleries block up thus no oil to the cranck, mine is fine bit is sripped and going for acid dipping just to be safe, it should be fine though its not something u'll run into the ground as an everyday car.

L14MNP
04-03-10, 04:20 PM
Good stuff mate. I just thought a taxi's block may be easier, cos if it's like an SR20 then RWD won't bolt into a FWD shell. I nearly went CA18 for my Nissan any moons ago. The price is certainly right!

As for the oil flow issues, it's always worth widening the 'mouth' on the pick up strainer and maybe adding an extra intake hole IMO.

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 05:34 PM
Good stuff mate. I just thought a taxi's block may be easier, cos if it's like an SR20 then RWD won't bolt into a FWD shell. I nearly went CA18 for my Nissan any moons ago. The price is certainly right!

As for the oil flow issues, it's always worth widening the 'mouth' on the pick up strainer and maybe adding an extra intake hole IMO.

Yeah these are all things that will be concidered when i rebuild it, i have 2 other projects so im a bit stretched, yes thats the point of me using the CA its cheaper, lighter, smaller and more powerful than a C20LET and as far as i know im the first to pull it of into a nova. the block will bolt in the conversion so far looks to be suprisingly easy.

muzzy
04-03-10, 05:35 PM
What will you do about gearbox?

Nova-rich
04-03-10, 05:40 PM
What will you do about gearbox?

This is the tricky bit depending on the power i'll be running im marrying the block up to an F20 with a helix clutch dont think it warrants fitting an F28 as the car will weigh as much as a packet of crisps! lol.

Spudly
04-03-10, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, seems to be a little bad blood in here children, can we all play nicely and not shout/slag each other off, remember this is a public forum and we dont want to see members at each others throats, ive given the op a holiday to calm down, others will go the same way if there are anymore toys thrown from prams.

draper
04-03-10, 07:00 PM
and there is no link between visiting me and the police being involved, honest lol

blue_peg_16v
04-03-10, 07:01 PM
hum lol