PDA

View Full Version : hubs

lewisvalver
03-03-10, 05:49 PM
well the nova is in getting its Mot and one of the few things it needs is new hubs at the back(drivers side is knackered and has alot of play)can anyone tell me what the hubs are most likely from?its an xe nova and its had the rear disc conversion,i think most likely a cav but want to be sure before i buy new ones,any help welcome,cheers:thumb:

Lewis

mowgli
03-03-10, 06:49 PM
go & buy wheel bearing kits for the cav... then fit them

Benn
03-03-10, 07:21 PM
Wont be the hubs. Just the bearings.

lewisvalver
03-03-10, 08:43 PM
my mate whos doing the Mot told me it was the hubs,ill give him a ring and see what he says...cheers guys

mowgli
03-03-10, 08:45 PM
the mechanic boy told me it was the hubs,ill give him a ring and see what he says...cheers guys

10p says its 'hubs'

lewisvalver
03-03-10, 08:56 PM
10p says its 'hubs'

cant get through to him just now...i left the car with him last wednesday!hes done the rest of the work needed for Mot but he told me he needs a rear hub,when its jacked up you can move the wheel back and forward,quite alot of play on it....not sure if im missing something out but thats all it was as far as i know

Benn
03-03-10, 09:10 PM
Yes the movement is from the bearing wearing out and being knackered.

Unless you've been driving around for a few months with the bearing hanging out you wont need new hubs.

lewisvalver
03-03-10, 09:23 PM
Yes the movement is from the bearing wearing out and being knackered.

Unless you've been driving around for a few months with the bearing hanging out you wont need new hubs.

dont have a clue how long its been like that,i just want it back,feels like months ive not had it and its only been a week lol

Benn
03-03-10, 09:32 PM
It will be the wheel bearing!

Pistol Pete
03-03-10, 09:38 PM
As Benn says, fit a new bearing. Not a big job to fit. Press or vice/hammer (with care!) can be used to fit them.

lewisvalver
03-03-10, 09:40 PM
my car is up at my mates unit but i will tell him tomorrow and hopefully he will get it done.lmao at your picture,is that the corsa forum guys burd yeh?lol

nova_saloon
03-03-10, 09:40 PM
it could be either more likely bearing but i was told my wheel bearing was tooted on mine. took it out and replaced it and took a peek at the hub before i stuck it in and it was soooooo unbelieveably badly worn around the second half causeing it to wobble like a ****

lewisvalver
03-03-10, 09:43 PM
it could be either more likely bearing but i was told my wheel bearing was tooted on mine. took it out and replaced it and took a peek at the hub before i stuck it in and it was soooooo unbelieveably badly worn around the second half causeing it to wobble like a ****

hmmm could be the same with mine then,my mates a really good mechanic so im sure if it was just the wheel bearing he would of got it sorted without hesitation..wish the **** would answer his phone tho so i can ask him exactly whats needed

Benn
03-03-10, 09:45 PM
If the bearing knackered and been left on then as i said it will damage the spindal (sp?) but for that to happen the bearing would be utterly funked and you'd have noticed this while driving.

lewisvalver
03-03-10, 09:48 PM
never noticed it while driving,was pretty surprised when he showed me it tbh,cheers for the help:thumb:

nova_saloon
03-03-10, 09:50 PM
Oh yeh for sure both will deffinatly be buggered. So obviously get a bearing aswell fella. The bearing would of caused this to happen. That or the CV retaining but wasnt correctly put on!

Pistol Pete
03-03-10, 09:55 PM
Erm...its the rear hub. No CV's here....My money is on it being the bearing.

nova_saloon
03-03-10, 10:10 PM
o right miss read. yeh rear hub that would most likely be bearing