PDA

View Full Version : TIG Welder

muzzy
03-03-10, 03:59 PM
Im not too clued up on buying TIG welders but i am looking for one at the moment.

I saw this and thought it sounded good but could anyone "in the know" clarify if it would be a good buy or waste of time.

http://www.thewelderswarehouse.com/Welding/SWP_Arc_120_Tig.html

It seems quite cheap considering most are over £500 which is why im unsure of it.

Cheers

Nova-rich
03-03-10, 04:18 PM
Im not too clued up on buying TIG welders but i am looking for one at the moment.

I saw this and thought it sounded good but could anyone "in the know" clarify if it would be a good buy or waste of time.

http://www.thewelderswarehouse.com/Welding/SWP_Arc_120_Tig.html

It seems quite cheap considering most are over £500 which is why im unsure of it.

Cheers

That looks sound that pal! think i might invest in one actually Arc/Tig is loooads better than Mig, mig is just too powerful for sheet (rusty old vauxhalls) lol.

muzzy
03-03-10, 04:29 PM
I use MIG alot for strengthening purposes but having a TIG would be very handy for stainless welding. Got an ARC as well but its a bit too powerful for just about anything on a car really.

General Baxter
03-03-10, 04:29 PM
> 230v 13amp Input
> 10 - 120amps Output
> Scratch Start Tig Torch
> Disposable Cylinder Adaptor
> Arc Welding Leads
> Hand Held Mask
> Carry/Storage Case
> 12 Month RTB Machine Warranty

who the hell has 3 hands then lol

muzzy
03-03-10, 04:30 PM
who the hell has 3 hands then lol

lol Never noticed that part, must be a really good welder if you only need one hand!

General Baxter
03-03-10, 04:31 PM
be like chop sticks lol

muzzy
03-03-10, 04:36 PM
How to TIG weld....

http://www.robsworld.org/chopsticks3a.gif

Stuart
03-03-10, 04:36 PM
I looked at that recently, and was told that tig is a) a mare to learn and b.) that cheap one is kak lol

muzzy
03-03-10, 04:38 PM
I looked at that recently, and was told that tig is a) a mare to learn and b.) that cheap one is kak lol

The price was the main thing holding me back, it is around half the price of the other's available on the same site, that made me think it may be pretty poor.

Andy
03-03-10, 06:30 PM
Tig is very,very skilled welding.Mig is fukkin easy and plus you can grind it off and start again if you balls it up.
Im currently learning tig welding at college as ive finished my level 2 mig course early.
You could only use a hand held mask if you were doing piss thin welds or tacks,otherwise you have to use a rod
Would also be handy to have a bench grinder or a stone at least to sharpen that thing in the nozzle which i will find out what its called later lol

vauxluva
03-03-10, 06:37 PM
I looked at that recently, and was told that tig is a) a mare to learn and b.) that cheap one is kak lolive been using a lincoln set at collage wich is **** hot was going to buy a cheep one and they are just toss...u get wat u pay for wen it comes to tig sets........went to an open day at lincoln electronics..........they had an exibition on such a thing,,mig is the same......:cool: