PDA

View Full Version : 20XE Engine rebuild info required

vaux@hotmail
03-03-10, 09:39 AM
Im just about to start on a rebuild of a 2.0 xe engine i have had for a while, im not too clued up on the mechanical side of things but im willing to learn, would anyone have a copy of an engine diagram they could send me that i can print off to see where all the nuts and bolts etc go basically an exploded view of the engine and its components if there is such a thing, any help would be appreciated.

philip
03-03-10, 03:13 PM
Where are you from matey?

muzzy
03-03-10, 03:55 PM
Best bet is to get hold of a Haynes manual that covers the C20XE engine. Maybe not the best but it will give you a rough idea of what to do and generally has all the torque settings which you will need.

vaux@hotmail
03-03-10, 05:00 PM
Where are you from matey?

just north of aberdeen.

philip
03-03-10, 07:20 PM
bollox, bit too far....i could try and get some pics of an engine im building now for a lad, and see if they will be of any help.

muzzy
03-03-10, 08:38 PM
just north of aberdeen.

You could try taking photos of everything as you take it apart so you know where it goes, best way with bolts & nuts is to lay everything out and note where all the bits came from.

If you struggle to put it back together i can always give you a hand :thumb:

Pistol Pete
03-03-10, 09:35 PM
Good suggestion that. Taking pics as you go. The Haynes manual will also be useful. I have the Cav GSi one. It goes into detail for the C20XE.

vaux@hotmail
04-03-10, 06:26 PM
Good suggestion that. Taking pics as you go. The Haynes manual will also be useful. I have the Cav GSi one. It goes into detail for the C20XE.

pete58 that avatar is quality lol lol , a cav gsi haynes could be a solution (do you have a pic of it or the number of the book?), or would a copy of epc have the diagrams im after? and muzzy, if i get stuck, i'll take you up on that offer :thumb:

Sloth
04-03-10, 06:29 PM
go to ebay, put in "cavalier mk3 haynes" hit buy it now, wait for the post man job done

Sloth
04-03-10, 06:29 PM
or try your local library, suprisingly...