PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Police

N.I_Nova
03-03-10, 02:20 AM
Got pulled over tonight by the fuzz on the way home from my girlfriends house in the nova, thought right what the hell do these stupid friggers want, asked me for my license and all that jizz and asked me was i insured all the normal really, then he went to the police jeep and came back, and told me my f*cking car wasn't insured, and now i ave to go the station within 7 days to prove i have insurance, southern rock b**tards i am insured with, well apperently lol, obviously not, has anyone had this happen to them before, all i have to do is bring in the papers to prove it, does it stop there and everything is 100% after that or do i have to go through a lot of sh*t or what

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/UlsterNova3/DonutPolicePatch_ezr.jpg

NovaLad
03-03-10, 02:24 AM
YUP! happened to me the 1st year i started driving...
Got insured was driving for about 2 and half month bareing in mind i got pulled in that time aswell then next thing i know they pull me for no insurance..
The copper said he really believed me i had insurance even if it was coming back i didn't so he let me drive it home because it was like 1am then had to sort out with my insurance what was going on.
Turned out they got 1 letter wrong on my reg.

EDIT - The insurance company got the letter wrong not the po po.

N.I_Nova
03-03-10, 02:30 AM
yeah, this is my second years insurance and i thought eveything was gonna be hunky dorey clearly not lol, i just put my reg through a site called askmid.com, and it came up that my car was't insured to, damn insurers

brainsnova
03-03-10, 02:31 AM
i remember i was driving along years ago and the fuzz 'u' turned then i also did the same and as we passed his face was a picture so once again he u turned then i did and as we passed he was annoyed so finally when he u turned and i did he came with blue lights flashing down the middle of the road and i was 100% licence/m.o.t,tax,insurance and got let on my way whilst i lol

NovaLad
03-03-10, 02:32 AM
lol /\ +rep

N.I_Nova
03-03-10, 02:36 AM
lol gotta give rep for that lol

wwmnw
03-03-10, 02:55 AM
i remember i was driving along years ago and the fuzz 'u' turned then i also did the same and as we passed his face was a picture so once again he u turned then i did and as we passed he was annoyed so finally when he u turned and i did he came with blue lights flashing down the middle of the road and i was 100% licence/m.o.t,tax,insurance and got let on my way whilst i lol

LMFAO, more rep coming.

bmw156
03-03-10, 07:19 AM
fooking ROFLCOPTER

db_1.2
03-03-10, 08:58 AM
You all complain about the police all the time, but you forget what a good job they do on the streets, keeping them clean from drugs and scumbags, and at the same time find all of your stollen property etc............

HAHA!

Spudly
03-03-10, 10:29 AM

And yet you all wonder why the feds pull you over and are eight times out of ten, snotty and pissed off and ars£y towards you, if i know a copper is going to pull me over i find somewhere safe/practical to stop and pull in for them, they usually pull up behind and enquire as to why ive stopped, to which i reply i could tell you wanted to have a word or a look at my car so i thought id volunteer, goes a long way to showing youre decent and legit and also makes a refreshing change to see someone who doesnt give them the run around and act a fool!

Dont get me wrong, if a fed pulls me over, i will always be polite and courteous to start with, but if they give me attitutde then they get it straight back, usually with a comment of, hang about im not talking to you like a piece of shoite so why are you talking to me like one, usually calms them down and i have in the past been let off with a talking to after some very silly things, one example being miles away and driving through a light that 99% of the time flicks straight to green as you pass through, unless something is coming out of the other street, like a riot van for example, pulled over as soon as he blue lighted me, explained why id done it and held up my hands, was let away with a telling off!

You all complain about the police all the time, but you forget what a good job they do on the streets, keeping them clean from drugs and scumbags, and at the same time find all of your stollen property etc............

HAHA!

Exactly, they only have attitude because they deal with abuse and fighting, spiting and shouting and all manner of scumbags day in day out, and then they happen upon some little know it all that thinks theyre so much better than the feds and then wonders why they get bum raped every time the feds see them, its all in how you are with them as to how youre treated imo!

L33 LEG
03-03-10, 10:41 AM
I was in court once for no insurance. all i had to do was get proof of insurance and that was that.

brains - lol @ the story. i did so many things similar but then you understand why they always pull you. was funny at the time obviously though. i knew a cop was following me once and i kept going round a roundabout with him following me. was only a small 3 junction one and managed to do it 3 times before him putting the lights on lol

muzzy
03-03-10, 12:55 PM
If i ever get pulled over i just talk to them nicely and avoid being arsey with them, the more of a cock you are the longer you will be standing at the side of the road.

Jack
03-03-10, 01:22 PM
I had a policy once with CIS, they had my name, reg, car model, address all incorrect (as in mis-spelt or just re-arranged, not like totally different lol). Luckily I didn't get nobbled by the police at any time, but still... They then had the nut to ask for a £20 admin fee to make the required changes! The guy in the local office got a mouthful for that one. lol

Moral of the thread is, always check your details. Its up to you to make sure they're all in order!

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
03-03-10, 01:35 PM
mate got pulled other day for simular in courtasy(SP) car got pulled for fog lights aparently they thought it werent foggy enough any how let him off for that and asked him who's the car was (17 year old in a sxi corsa 2010) and he said courtasy and the gave him a tiket said produce licence and **** at cop oil so he did and that was it nothing more and you get to chose witch cop station

ksw46
03-03-10, 01:48 PM
coppers are more intrested in pulling people for minnor offences like fog lights in no fog, going 5 mile over the limit or being young in a nice car than actually keeping the streets safe.

3 times my car has been broken into the last time some scumbag bent my door back and took my £500 stereo. phoned police got crime number and they said someone would come to fingerprint etc. no one came 3 days later got a letter saying they had no evidence and case was now closed.

and to top it off they rung me couple of weeks back to do a survey on how i felt the police dealt wiv the incident... err they didn't....T*@ts

blue_peg_16v
03-03-10, 01:58 PM
the reason they have asked you to produce is that according to the system you have no insurance and as yoiu have looked online this is also shown the new thing with people trying to get round insurance is that they will set up a policy pay the first month then not pay anything else so the insurer cancels it but they still have the cert so when you produce they will probably call the insure to make sure all is legit

to be fair people driving without insurance bolis my piss as it puts my policy up so im glad the police have access to the insurance database and that they are trying to stop it

muzzy
03-03-10, 02:15 PM
As far as i am concerned, the more people the police pull over to check insurance the better, there's far too many people out there running around without licenses, insurance and MOT. Even more so now that it is so easy to put a replacement engine in a car and not declare.

ksw46
03-03-10, 02:26 PM
i do think police should check for non insured drivers but do it properly e.g roadside checks. but they target a small minority of drivers which in there eyes are easy pickings.

for example i sold a car on ebay with no log book as a breaker with no log book the chap who bought repaired it, sold on and the new buyer didnt inform the dvla. as the car was in my name i was getting tickets. i phoned the police and informed them that unless the car was in the persons name or they had the permission of the keeper they were not insured and i was told there was nothing they can do.

is there any wonder why there is a huge lack of respect for the police and why people pay no attention to them and take the p**s when they do not do anything for the people, mostly its inflicted on them to ignore certain things in order to reach targets. utter waste of taxes.

as long as u can produce a valid document u should be fine mate.

blue_peg_16v
03-03-10, 04:42 PM
i do think police should check for non insured drivers but do it properly e.g roadside checks. but they target a small minority of drivers which in there eyes are easy pickings.

for example i sold a car on ebay with no log book as a breaker with no log book the chap who bought repaired it, sold on and the new buyer didnt inform the dvla. as the car was in my name i was getting tickets. i phoned the police and informed them that unless the car was in the persons name or they had the permission of the keeper they were not insured and i was told there was nothing they can do.

is there any wonder why there is a huge lack of respect for the police and why people pay no attention to them and take the p**s when they do not do anything for the people, mostly its inflicted on them to ignore certain things in order to reach targets. utter waste of taxes.

as long as u can produce a valid document u should be fine mate.

your statment is wrong legaly the log book is not proof of ownership so they could have insurance on the vehicle and drive it legaly as long as it had mot and tax, its the sellers resposibility to inform the dvla

not that i am condoning what the new owner has done

novaload1992
03-03-10, 04:57 PM
**** one :( hope you all sorted out :thumb: