PDA

View Full Version : interior light circuit

Euan
13-04-03, 04:02 PM
i need to gain access to this circuit. does any1 know what fuse its on or the best way to get to it.

also can the fuse box drop down so i can gain access to the wires attached to it?

Nova-Boy
13-04-03, 08:07 PM
Doea it not say on the inside of the fuse cover? It is the same circuit as your clock and head unit i think. I dont know the fuse number but it is on the bottom row third in from the right!

ade
13-04-03, 08:21 PM
I'm sure its fuse 16 - 20amp - runs off the clock. Thats wot haynes says anyway (wiring for 92 nova mind!)

Ade

Euan
13-04-03, 09:09 PM
basically i need to wire my alarm into this circuit so its activated when the light is activated. do you know the best way to get the wires??

ade
13-04-03, 09:51 PM
your light is activated when the doors open (drivers/passenger),

Theres a pin switch on the door edge - when this earths the light comes on.

i rigged one of my alarm sensors to the wire on the switch - when it earths (drop in current), the alarm sounds.

Its the same circuit as the interior light.

You'll need to remove the parcel shelf and the A frame side trim (remove the door edge sill protctor too - remove the foam insert then put yer hand in the gap. You'll feel a spade type connector - trace the wire back and splice in.

Ade

Euan
14-04-03, 11:43 AM
yeh i looked at that switch yesterday. but wasnt sure which of the 2 wires to cut into.

Ste_Nova
14-04-03, 01:53 PM
just use the one on the passenger side.... there is only one wire there..... where have you placed the alarm main control box?

Euan
14-04-03, 05:55 PM
there isnt an alarm control box. the main horn unit is in the engine bay and i've ran the loom into the drivers footwell.