PDA

View Full Version : please help me fit my tripple fag socket

maxer90
13-04-03, 02:46 PM
I reacently bought a tripple fag socket for my nova so I can run neons and stuff, but I aint got a fag lighter fitted in my car.
I was wondering if anyone know's how to wire it to the live, I know it can be done cuz when my mate bought his car the previous owner did it, I just dont know how to do it,
if anyone could tell me I would be extremely gratefull. :?:

ade
13-04-03, 02:49 PM
I'm sure it runs through the clock?

2 wires - one to earth, the other to the clocks fuse...

Fuse 16 20amp

maxer90
13-04-03, 02:54 PM
fanks
but I have another problem, I aint got a clock

brian
13-04-03, 03:37 PM
the wiring for a clock or lighter should be there on the loom (roughly behind where it should be plugged in to) prob taped up.

maxer90
13-04-03, 04:22 PM
fanks, il try it.

Nova-Boy
13-04-03, 08:05 PM
If you cant find anywhere to plug it in on the loom you could always run it straight from the battery with an inline fuse and switch.

adam2472
13-04-03, 08:08 PM
i wired a fag lighter for the first time yesterday.. theres a connector for it which u just plug into it.. however mine wasnt near the fag lighter socket it was up behind the temp control wraped up in tape.. just make sure u have a good lookie / feel for it.. its probs guna be there..

mikeoxford
14-04-03, 12:20 AM
the clock wiring and fag lighter wiring is *ALWAYS* taped upto the loom.

dont think they made a loom without them looking at EPC

Ste_Nova
14-04-03, 11:03 AM
as is the rear wash wipe, headlight wash, glove box light, under bonnet light, boot light

Neil.
15-04-03, 01:42 AM
so the wires are actualy there, just taped up, what about the buttons for these functions?

mikeoxford
15-04-03, 02:48 PM
so the wires are actualy there, just taped up, what about the buttons for these functions?

not all of them require switches as such, and the ones that do the places are blanked off ready for switches, or just not connected

SKoob
20-04-03, 11:33 AM
I'm assumin ghtere shud be wiring for where the fag lighter wud be (inside the ash tray) and that going to a scrappy or halfords and installing one is much easier than fitting three directly to the wiring, plus it will be fused too, and then just plug ur triple one into the single one u fitted.