PDA

View Full Version : 40's or standard Injection

phunkynova
02-03-10, 05:18 AM
On the 1.6 motor which give more power running it on Weber twin 40 dcoe's or standard fuel Injection and dose anybody Know how much power difference there is.
Thanks for your help.

Plug
02-03-10, 07:10 AM
Carbs would give you more power over the standard injection system.
Unless you go for aftermarket ecu and throttlebodys

jimbob-mcgrew
02-03-10, 02:02 PM
for the cost of it all, its not worth it i dont think, youll gain what... 10 horse tops, for £4/500 of the parts. you could prob get a cam and headwork done for that money and see better results.

craig green
02-03-10, 02:17 PM
Its not so much the carbs that give thae power, more the fact that fitted with a hotter cam shaft, it will then be capable of more than the injection likely would. But 130ish is doable on the std stuff & would still run well in cold etc.

GRUNT 16V
02-03-10, 03:08 PM
injection all the way !!

Stuart
02-03-10, 04:01 PM
imho, well setup, BOTH are as good as eachother.

one sounds far hornier though.

stevie78
02-03-10, 09:30 PM
just swaped mine back to standard injection m8 its far to dear to run

Adam
02-03-10, 09:32 PM
Injection will always be better than carbs, end of really.
Yes you can get good results with carbs, but better results with injection

Andy
02-03-10, 09:59 PM
Carbs have had their day it seems

alan b
02-03-10, 10:19 PM
Carbs have had their day it seems
never! ive just bought some 48's for my mantalol

back on topic tho, it depends what u want, carbs will give more power than standard injection and ecu but an aftermarket ecu on standard management, would be better if setup well.

peester
02-03-10, 10:27 PM
surely twin carbs suck in more air and can supply more fuel = more power than an o.e injection set up..?

vauxluva
03-03-10, 07:48 AM
On the 1.6 motor which give more power running it on Weber twin 40 dcoe's or standard fuel Injection and dose anybody Know how much power difference there is.
Thanks for your help. carbs all day long in my eyes ,realy grunty induction:cool:

blue_peg_16v
03-03-10, 12:23 PM
surely twin carbs suck in more air and can supply more fuel = more power than an o.e injection set up..?

true what i think adam was getting at is that injection is alot smoother and more reliable hence throttleboddies best of both worlds injection and more fuel and air

but i certainly wouldnt say carbs have had there day i used to run 48s on my xe and pulled 196 bhp if it wasnt for the cost of getting more power out the engine id still be running it but a let was just so much cheaper

phunkynova
03-03-10, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all your inputs I think I'll go with the 40's as I will be using the car for rally-cross and I'm getting no where with the wire loom. Old carb car and fuel injection looms don't go together.Anybody fancy a holiday Plzen CZ and sort out the loom while your here.lol.

Nobby
03-03-10, 07:22 PM
but i certainly wouldnt say carbs have had there day i used to run 48s on my xe and pulled 196 bhp if it wasnt for the cost of getting more power out the engine id still be running it but a let was just so much cheaper

ftw!!