PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Rant

let_nova
01-03-10, 07:47 PM
paypal had had restrictions put on it.:mad: says i have to provide invoices for the items i have sold, cofirm address, i done that months ago,confirm bank, also done this, what a cock, i can still recieve money and add funds but cannot pay anyone or withdraw. asking for proof of where i got items i have just sold like the exhaust manifold, exhaust, and an engine. i told here where i sold the items and she took a not of here:mad:

WTF

muzzy
01-03-10, 07:50 PM
I always have problems with Paypal, every time i register a card on it i can pay for something then next time i go on i have to register the car again. I contacted them but they were absolutely useless.

blue_peg_16v
01-03-10, 07:53 PM
spud and matt brown are having problems too

let_nova
01-03-10, 07:53 PM
oh she gave me right attitude. dont know WTF it wants me to do about invoices.

Lee
01-03-10, 07:56 PM
They are useless! The amount of times we dont get notified when someone joins or pays for something is unreal!

I think they're drowning under burocracy tbh

Andy
01-03-10, 07:57 PM
are you on a business account?

let_nova
01-03-10, 07:58 PM
i wasnt happy with her attitude, gave me right abuse. told her i wasnt happy with her tone. never helped. she sounded like one of these women that has lots of pals but shes the one that goes home with herself everyweekend.

let_nova
01-03-10, 07:58 PM
are you on a business account?

no personal account.

Lee
01-03-10, 08:00 PM
That'll be why then, your going to get in the same trouble for trading with them as you did with us lol

Andy
01-03-10, 08:02 PM
and how many sales have you done in 12months? ie how much money come in??

let_nova
01-03-10, 08:04 PM
not that much tbh, i explained that i was selling some bits off my car.

i dont know exactly how much and cant be assed counting

lee:but im not trading? i only paid this to get peace lol

mowgli
01-03-10, 08:05 PM
all banks, and paypal is a bank, have to notify the government if large amounts of money are moving thru any account incase its a drugs baron laundering money, and if they happen to find someone 'trading' but not telling the tax man, then that also gets reported.....

let_nova
01-03-10, 08:06 PM
thats cool, i pay my taxes but what boils my piss is i wanted to close my account and they wouldnt let me. wont let me withdraw either

Lee
01-03-10, 08:06 PM
lee:but im not trading? i only paid this to get peace lol

If I had the time and inclination, I would go back through all your adverts and prove without a shadow of a doubt you are not just clearing your garage out.

But I haven't got the time or inclination lol

let_nova
01-03-10, 08:07 PM
im not the only one on here selling lots of stuff lol. a few slip the net.

Lee
01-03-10, 08:13 PM
im not the only one on here selling lots of stuff lol. a few slip the net.

I don't doubt that, but unfortunately we arn't all scrutinizing the classifieds constantly (see time and inclanation post above). You just stuck out like a sore thumb for some reason lol

let_nova
01-03-10, 08:14 PM
im scottish, you had it in for me from day one lol.

so, how the fook am i going to give them suppliers details, invoices, lol

muzzy
01-03-10, 08:19 PM
Do you still have details of all the parts you have sold and who to? If so the best way around the invoices is the just make some up with who the part was sold to, how much and when. Saying that i am assuming they want invoices for you selling and not from suppliers?

Jack
01-03-10, 09:14 PM
all banks, and paypal is a bank, have to notify the government if large amounts of money are moving thru any account incase its a drugs baron laundering money, and if they happen to find someone 'trading' but not telling the tax man, then that also gets reported.....
Bingo. They're fingering you as a trader. The tax man has taken an interest in ebay over the past few years, as people are basically making undeclared income from selling goods on ebay - they've clearly singled out that you do a large amount of business on there, so don't be surprised if mumblings of income tax evasion start coming out.

Andy
01-03-10, 09:16 PM
Bingo. They're fingering you as a trader. The tax man has taken an interest in ebay over the past few years, as people are basically making undeclared income from selling goods on ebay - they've clearly singled out that you do a large amount of business on there, so don't be surprised if mumblings of income tax evasion start coming out.
Yep thats right, Taxman has his eye on ebay and paypal more than ever now.As you can effectively run a business on there while not declaring it.
Remember,cash is untraceable;)

Sloth
01-03-10, 10:19 PM
Loadsamoneeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!

lewisvalver
01-03-10, 10:27 PM
i just had to verify my bank account etc on paypal about 20 minutes ago,payments i used to send to people were always very quick but just noticed that the payment i sent to a clothing site is pending until 10th March!! does anyone know why its taking so long to send a payment?do i need to add funds to paypal for a quicker payment or something??cheers and sorry for going off topic

muzzy
01-03-10, 10:46 PM
i just had to verify my bank account etc on paypal about 20 minutes ago,payments i used to send to people were always very quick but just noticed that the payment i sent to a clothing site is pending until 10th March!! does anyone know why its taking so long to send a payment?do i need to add funds to paypal for a quicker payment or something??cheers and sorry for going off topic

Was it sent as an E-Cheque? I was having to do that for a while because my card wouldn't work, meant it took absolutely ages for payments to clear

lewisvalver
01-03-10, 10:52 PM
Was it sent as an E-Cheque? I was having to do that for a while because my card wouldn't work, meant it took absolutely ages for payments to clear

yeh it was sent as an e-cheque,it was piss easy before and payments cleared after a couple of days,not sure if i need to add funds to the paypal account now before sending payments or what,9 days to clear!!

muzzy
01-03-10, 10:53 PM
When i used funds from my bank account it took about 10 days for the "cheque" to clear, funds straight from my paypal account just got sent there and then.

lewisvalver
01-03-10, 10:59 PM
ill need to look in to it,its wierd tho that before it was so easy and fast and now that im actually a verified paypal user its all complicated and ****(unless im not getting something about it)cheers anyway:thumb:

djbrowney
01-03-10, 11:07 PM
i liked the advert paypal sent out to all its customers saying free business cards, how many tools took them up on there offer and **** them selfs over lol !

bmw156
01-03-10, 11:28 PM
thats cool, i pay my taxes but what boils my piss is i wanted to close my account and they wouldnt let me. wont let me withdraw either

yeh you may pay your taxs for your job income, but do you pay the tax that you have to on your second income... being the car parts selling. even if its not a business, you still have to pay tax on any income.

Jack
02-03-10, 12:34 AM
yeh it was sent as an e-cheque,it was piss easy before and payments cleared after a couple of days,not sure if i need to add funds to the paypal account now before sending payments or what,9 days to clear!!
Check your card and bank details are still valid and verified. Paypal usually only defaults to the (crappy) e-cheque method if you don't have a verified bank or card on file.

Spudly
02-03-10, 01:02 AM
My paypal account is restricted at the mo aswell, they have me registered as a business, operating for non-profit as a charity and want proof of being vat registered and alsorts, i have to ring them back up tomorrow just to speak to another department from the first one (was closed on friday when i rang) to prove im an individual, my account is setup as being an individual but they have it as a business, bunch of amatuers imo!

lewisvalver
02-03-10, 05:10 PM
Check your card and bank details are still valid and verified. Paypal usually only defaults to the (crappy) e-cheque method if you don't have a verified bank or card on file.

my card and account are still valid,the problem seems to of occured when i verified my "bank account" im gonna remove the account i have verified and verify my card instead and see if that helps,cheers

Lewis

bmw156
02-03-10, 05:35 PM
i would say i have quite a few transactions going through paypal, but they mst think. that i have some really good friends as they are always gifts lol.

let_nova
02-03-10, 07:12 PM
spud, what they want you to provide proof wise?

bmw, 90% are gifts

Spudly
02-03-10, 07:17 PM
spud, what they want you to provide proof wise?

1 -
A voided cheque or bank statement for the account(s) registered on your PayPal account. The account(s) should be in the name of your organisation

2 -
Evidence of tax exempt status or registration with any regulatory bodies

3 -
Information about the nature of your organization and the type of payments you intend to process with PayPal

Copied and pasted directly from my paypal account under the section headed 'resolve restrictions'

let_nova
02-03-10, 07:19 PM
i got

1. provide invoices of all purchases

2.provide supplier contact information

3.verify bank account

4.verify address

Pistol Pete
02-03-10, 08:01 PM
3 and 4 are easy. I recently verified my account piece of piss.

let_nova
02-03-10, 08:17 PM
i have done them before on ebay and its the same card still. asking for photo id and proof off adress nbow

Andy
02-03-10, 08:28 PM
i have done them before on ebay and its the same card still. asking for photo id and proof off adress nbow
dont give them a photo,you might get 'shopped onto a pic of big jamie.......

let_nova
02-03-10, 08:35 PM
lmfao

Pistol Pete
02-03-10, 09:18 PM
They want a pic?? lol how much are you trading on there then??