PDA

View Full Version : Nova rear chassis leg. help needed!

novaboyopr
01-03-10, 01:39 PM
Right i need some advice on where i can get a new rear chassis leg from, as the misses car has just decided to collapsed the rear spring mount and once ive looked at it the inner arch has gone and the chassis leg is to corroded to even weld to. can you just buy a new chassis leg or am i going to have to find a scrapper and attack it with a petrol grinder. any help would be appriciated
cheers dave

kent14sr
01-03-10, 01:44 PM
If you cant weld to it, easiest option is to source a solid leg from a scrapper. Dont think you can buy the legs new anymore!

MattBrown
01-03-10, 02:29 PM
I would re-shell it, if its that rotten, the shell must be fooked!

bazil
01-03-10, 02:33 PM
You can't get rear legs either here or abroad, if you get a good leg from another shell you still need a good floor to weld to, if the floor is gone it's a hell of a lot of work, just reshell unless you really want to keep the Id.

Annie
01-03-10, 03:17 PM
Theres 3 x vauxhall novas in pretty good condition in deanwood carspares - aldershot if thats any help. :)

AlexW
01-03-10, 04:47 PM
I remember seeing a rear chassis leg on German Ebay, Might be worth a quick search?

craig green
01-03-10, 05:41 PM
The rear legs 'were' available, but have been NLS for some years now, so picking one up new would have to be from someone not needing it anaymore at a guess. Pattern ones were never made for Novas iirc.

As said above, cut one from a good car & maybe cut a boot floor from another.