PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

revingtosh
28-02-10, 08:49 PM
Hi,

Ive just registered on your group. I dont currently own a Nova (although i used too!). However, im building up a classic mini which is running a VX C16SE Engine.

If you have a look on www 16vminiclub .com and search for Project Pig, you will find my car. I cant post a link to it because im a newbie, and your forum wont let me!

Who would be best placed to give me some advice on this forum about tuning the C16SE? As standard they are 100bhp/100ft/lb , and so i would be looking to improve on these figures which keeping the motor tractable.

Cheers,

Mike

Connor
28-02-10, 08:55 PM
Hi,

Ive just registered on your group. I dont currently own a Nova (although i used too!). However, im building up a classic mini which is running a VX C16SE Engine.

If you have a look on www 16vminiclub .com and search for Project Pig, you will find my car. I cant post a link to it because im a newbie, and your forum wont let me!

Who would be best placed to give me some advice on this forum about tuning the C16SE? As standard they are 100bhp/100ft/lb , and so i would be looking to improve on these figures which keeping the motor tractable.

Cheers,

Mike

Might be buying a mini in a couple of weeks with a foobared engine..
was thinking of doing this conversion..
was much involved in modifying to fit (bodging lol) this in
And look in the 'articles' section for the 1.6 8v tuning guide
(well i hope there is one lol)
Connor

revingtosh
28-02-10, 09:01 PM
Cheers Connorlake

Theres a company in Derby called Allspeed who make subframe for my conversion which simply bolt in.

Theres been a little bit of fabrication to do, if you send me your email address i will send you over the Mini/Vauxhall Engine conversion guide that i have.

brucer
28-02-10, 09:02 PM
try the search function at the top, sure theres been a few threads recently covering it.

in my e16se(pretty much the same engine) i had 270 deg cam, ported head, uprated valve springs, lightened flywheel, 4branch manifold and a few other items.

maybe consider turboing it??

revingtosh
28-02-10, 09:14 PM
Thanks Brucer.

I spoke to Courtenay last week about Turboing it. They still have turbo gear for sale, however with it being a mini, theres feck all clearance between the block and the front valance, otherwise i'd be turboing it!

I can extend the front end of the car, however i dont like how the look of the car is spoiled.

Have you had your car on the rolling road? What power/torque figures do you have?

blue_peg_16v
28-02-10, 09:25 PM
evening and a good person to ask about the endine would be dan he had a very fast track car running a 1.6 on carbs but i cant remember the spec

Connor
01-03-10, 02:03 AM
Pm sent :thumb:

NovaLad
01-03-10, 02:04 AM
Just like to say welcome to PNG!

:thumb:

brucer
01-03-10, 08:25 PM
Thanks Brucer.

I spoke to Courtenay last week about Turboing it. They still have turbo gear for sale, however with it being a mini, theres feck all clearance between the block and the front valance, otherwise i'd be turboing it!

I can extend the front end of the car, however i dont like how the look of the car is spoiled.

Have you had your car on the rolling road? What power/torque figures do you have?

nah i didnt get a chance to have it dyno'd. tbh id have liked to have seen 10-15bhp increase if that. the engine did rev better with the lightened flywheel etc.

what gearbox are you planning on running?

revingtosh
01-03-10, 11:14 PM
nah i didnt get a chance to have it dyno'd. tbh id have liked to have seen 10-15bhp increase if that. the engine did rev better with the lightened flywheel etc.

what gearbox are you planning on running?

Im not sure yet. Ask me one on Fords! I know quite a bit about fords, but bugger all to do with Vauxhalls! So i guess that im open to suggestions really.

Mike

brucer
02-03-10, 10:47 AM
Lol. Well you would most likely want the normal box that goes with the engine which is an f13cr. You could then swap the final drive for a 4.18(out of an f10/ 1.3sr and other models box) or higher, depends what your budget is. This would give you a quicker accelaration but less top speed.