PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 carb running problem

General Lee
28-02-10, 05:10 PM
Hi,

I have just swapped my engine over to a 1.4 carb and I'm having a problem with the running. It won't idle properly, or drive properly when you drive along progressively it basically kangaroos down the road, the revs go up down up down up down when the throttle is open a little but on full throttle it's fine. I had a problem like this before on a previous car, and someone said it might be the float in the carb was stuck so took the carb apart and it all looked fine. Put it back together and the problem stopped and was running fine for about 30mins no problems at all. And then it came back, on full throttle it runs perfectly tho.

Anybody came across this before or know what the problem might be.

Thanks nath

Nobby
28-02-10, 11:34 PM
autochoke is funked mate not sure how you "fix" them as there to over complicared for what they are bin it for a weber 32/34, thats what we did made a reall differnece in performance too.

Nobby
28-02-10, 11:36 PM
ooooo also was yours a 1.0? if so have you ran a new live to the coil from the ignition as the 1.0 one has a ballest wire and will make it run just about like a turd.

General Lee
01-03-10, 08:27 AM
You think auto choke yeah. No it was a 1.2.

We was fidleing around with the ckoke trying to make it move but, it wouldn't move by itself, when hot.

I drove it again last night, and it like it pulses. You keep you foot at the half throttle mark and the revs go up and then down go up and then down, wothout moving you foot.