PDA

View Full Version : Help me please....anyone!!

Fergie_sfc
12-04-03, 04:52 PM
my 1.0L Trip is giving me hassle!! when shooting along in 4th it starts to splutter like there is no petrol getting to the engine. i went to Regal auto-sport and they said to up-rate the spark plugs and spark leads.one of the vauxhall garages said to get a new distributor car and a rotor arm.
anyone had the same problem and know how to solve it?
its apparantly very common on nova engines!!!!
cheers guys.
mart.

techie
12-04-03, 04:58 PM
High gear/high load missfiring on the Nova is usually down to HT leads/cap/rotor arm and dont forget to replace your points and condensor. Could be the coil unit.

Give ur mota a full service and change the spark plugs and leads/cap/rotor arm and see how you get on.

joeczucha
12-04-03, 07:07 PM
1.0L = points and points = hassle. Replace them (about ?2.50), get a Haynes and adjust them and see if that makes a differnence... J

Chris LR
12-04-03, 08:40 PM
Yep, give it a good service and replace wearing parts.....

Technical Forum?

mikeoxford
13-04-03, 12:38 AM
no offence AT ALL meant :o :cry:

BUT! :lol:

what did regal think when you went in with a 1ltr?

Fergie_sfc
13-04-03, 12:37 PM
well i know chris(the owner ot regal) through a mate and there gonna be doin loads of work for me like my 2 5.5 inch tailpipes, new engine install and probably get them to roll my arches.and i'm getting body kit parts off them. he seemed quite sound until i said what tail pipes i wanted and he seemed really shocked and said "on a 1.0L!!"............. so i told him i'd burn up his astra coupe turbo!!! haha
mart.