PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Window Prob!!!

geordie_racer
12-04-03, 04:08 PM
help ive fitted leccy windows 2 me nova n they worked fine but then the battery went flat and since they don't work. the motors definately work i tested them by direct wirin 2 the battery. ive got new switches so it's not them. having just hooked my battery up 2 charge i noticed it's only half charged and woz wondering if this was causin it? only thing is my central locking still works
ne1 help?

cheers
chris

mikeoxford
13-04-03, 12:00 AM
help ive fitted leccy windows 2 me nova n they worked fine but then the battery went flat and since they don't work. the motors definately work i tested them by direct wirin 2 the battery. ive got new switches so it's not them. having just hooked my battery up 2 charge i noticed it's only half charged and woz wondering if this was causin it? only thing is my central locking still works
ne1 help?

cheers
chris

FUSES?

central locking and windows, although sharing the same loom, have seperate circuits and seperate fuses

geordie_racer
13-04-03, 10:44 AM
where is the fuse 4 the windows then mike? i have 2 spade connectors that plug into the fuse holse at the far right bottom row of the fuse box but can't c a fuse as such unless it's wrapped up in the loom sumwhere
ne help?

cheers
chris

ade
13-04-03, 02:47 PM
The spade connector runs through another fuse (think its Fuse 11 - 30amp) which I think is Green? Thats according to haynes anyway.

When you say you got new switches, did they come from a nova? If not that will be the problem.

I nicked some carlton ones from a scrappy but they didnt work coz the set up in the switch is different. My step dad tested them - summut to do with crossed polarity (thats what makes them go up and down!)

If the central locking works I reckon its either a break in the cable to the mechanism (weird if both go) or the switches are on either wrong way round, or are the wrong ones!

Ade

geordie_racer
13-04-03, 03:20 PM
cheers ade will check that fuse. the motors r defo ok n the switches r nova 1's yes not quite that silly. only think i can do then is check the linkages in the loom
cheers
chris

geordie_racer
13-04-03, 08:20 PM
cheers ade and mike u were right it was the fuse 4 some reason there woz a 10 amp fuse there instead of a 30amp. at least this prob has allowed me the chance 2 tidy som,e of my wiring up :)
cheers
chris