PDA

View Full Version : starting probs with 20xe nova

turbonovaload
27-02-10, 04:26 PM
hey guys kinda new to this forum thing hope you lot can help me out.
i have a 20xe nova was running fine untill i removed a clifford concept alarm imobilizer system. i have got the car turning over, fuel pump working ok but no spark to fire her up?? i have only removed the alarm and nothing else. eny light on this one would be greatly appriciated

taffnova
27-02-10, 05:20 PM
is it dizzy or coil pack

Damo
27-02-10, 09:08 PM
If its a 20xe it should be a dissy type.

turbonovaload
28-02-10, 11:09 AM
yes it is a dizzy m8 not long since it had new cap and rotor i dnt seen to be getting power to the coil????? when i ran a live from the battery to the +ive side of the coil i was clicking a relay on somewhere????? im scared am gonna cause myself more damage by touching wires in the wrong place. if i do run a live feed to the coil where is it ment to come from??? oviously not from the battery. again eny help appreciated

Paul
28-02-10, 11:46 AM
clicky (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=821701&postcount=4)

turbonovaload
28-02-10, 02:13 PM
thanx paul looks pretty str8 forward al go out and have a look when it drys up and let you no if i get her going

turbonovaload
04-03-10, 05:36 PM
how thick could i get the crack sensor had been unpluged pmsl

nova_saloon
04-03-10, 05:51 PM
why did you remove the clifford. When takingh out the immobiliser what they do is the cut the wires from the ignition and the re-route it to eh brain and then back to the other half they cut. Now one or two of theese may of possibly been put back wrong or not connected. check all wireiing on the engine and under the dash. The only way

turbonovaload
30-03-10, 07:25 PM
the clifford was wired in by stevie wonder lol and i only had 1 fob for it so get rid its all extra w8 a could do without