PDA

View Full Version : auto choke carb for a 1.2

msdtja
27-02-10, 04:25 PM
my boys nova runs sweet when warmed up but for the 1st 15 minutes just wants to conk out at every junction.its a manual choke pierburg. anyway basically we need a carb to sort out this problem. if any1 has got a better/differant kind of carb that will sort this problem out,cash waiting.prefer to collect and also im going to vboa tomorrow so could collect ther. thanx tony

Nova_Tek
27-02-10, 04:27 PM
I used to have a 1.2 on the pierburg carb. Used to run perfectly sweet, even when freezing cold and only used to use the choke for like 5 mins.

Maybe your one needs cleaning or check it's running fine.

You could fit a Pierburg 2e3 carb and 1.3 inlet (from an SR) to the 1.2 head. That should help with a tad more performance and IIRC it's an auto choke (someone will confirm).

msdtja
27-02-10, 04:37 PM
thanx for reply . ill try anything .i start it up ,fine. go to pull away,conks out. rev it up and it idles.then until engine reaches warm it just conks out everytime i slow down.ive tried choke out in all stages of how far it pulls out and still the same. ill keep me eyes open for a better 1 tomorrow at the vboa spares day.

Nova_Tek
27-02-10, 04:43 PM
I'm sure you could grab a pierburg 2e3 carb and inlet manifold for around £30.

Get some carb cleaner and squirt some into the carb, may help shift rubbish. Some fuel cleaner may also help loosen and flush the fuel ways in the carb. Also check that the fuel hoses to the carb and pump aren't weeping fuel. It's common for them to crack and can sometime make for rough running and poor start up (happened to me before).

General Baxter
27-02-10, 04:48 PM
maybe a clean ?

msdtja
27-02-10, 04:59 PM
ok clean coming up. ive already put a new fuel pump and fuel pipes on .ill get some carb cleaner thru it. cheers for info

General Baxter
27-02-10, 05:04 PM
check the vac pipe to the servo aswell