PDA

View Full Version : x14xe

kc_08
27-02-10, 04:06 PM
hi just need some help im about to mount one of my engines in, the one with the ecotec stuff still on it, just about to take it all off, was gonna run a shorter belt when it was mounted in, but realised when thats there, theres knowhere on the front of the block for the engine mount lol, just wondering if its behind that? also does anyone know the weight of a x14xe and a 1.0 pushrod?

burgo
27-02-10, 04:28 PM
im afraid your going to have to rewrite that so it actually makes some sence. i really cant work out what it is you want to know

kc_08
27-02-10, 06:16 PM
are the engine mount holes being used up by the eco tec stuff driven off the belt?

burgo
27-02-10, 06:31 PM
are the engine mount holes being used up by the eco tec stuff driven off the belt? :eek::cry:

General Baxter
27-02-10, 06:34 PM
this a fail thread of the day lol

i think its something to do with the PAS pump lol

Jon_nova1
27-02-10, 07:02 PM
get rid of PAS then?

nar, dunno what he's talking about either lol

AlexW
27-02-10, 07:07 PM
Im presuming aircon/pas, you have to remove them all fro the engine mount, and your need to do something else about the alt belt to tension it.

Jon_nova1
27-02-10, 07:10 PM
like taking a piece of string and making a loop the size of the belt you want and taking the belt in and ask for one that size

its what i did on a mazda, it turned out a rover 216 fitted fine lol

AlexW
27-02-10, 07:12 PM
^Its not the belt that is the prob, you can use a standard corsa sport belt if your using the wide belt stuff, problem comes when you try and tension it.

Eather have to get a corsa tensioner (From a sport/gls etc with no pas/aircon) or make up a gay bracket like a standard nova.

kc_08
28-02-10, 05:47 PM
its only a fail thread if people reply with **** (Y)
ye i already have the shorter belt and tensioner but its gay that all this needs to come off just so i can mount the engine in, its not stayin on the engine anyway, i would of done it while it was mounted in thats alll and i hav'nt got the socket type to take it off lol

General Baxter
28-02-10, 06:00 PM
What ????????

AlexW
28-02-10, 06:04 PM
Jesus you really do need to type correctly, Nobody really wants to help if you dont speak english ffs!

Yes you need to remove all the PAS/Aircon ****, now go buy some tools.....

burgo
28-02-10, 06:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language

learn it!!

peester
28-02-10, 06:51 PM
if youve binned the power steering then theres no issues with mounting this x14xe engine in a nova, as per your old 1.0 ohv engine.. shouldnt have any belting/pulleys in your way at all..?
you must have jsut not seen it or summat lol
only issue can be the x14xe's come with big chunky 90amp alternators so they can often get close to the inner wing..
yeah?

kc_08
01-03-10, 01:43 PM
wow cause there were like 2-3 words with a letter missing or in the wrong place omfg!! people come on and try to be descent with the way they type and still get bitched at and accused of being one of them lazy chav's who text type paha! jesus get out more sweet heart ;).
cheers peester! all i was trying to say was is the power steering and air con in the way of where the engine mounts into? and obviiously yes now as theres only exhaust manifold holes on there. this is my first conversion so dont complain and bitch if i ask alot of questions, i dont want to start bolting random things together to end up with everything wrong! if i dont know how to do it il ask not do it and cock it up

peester
01-03-10, 06:05 PM
yeah i guess its custom mount time if you want to keep PAS etc. on that engine.
Needs to be bare essentials.