PDA

View Full Version : Phone calls

Mike
26-02-10, 04:10 PM
Anyone else end a telephone conversation with "get fcuk off my phone anyway, im busy" an then hang up. Even if your not busy, an even if you called them lol

Or am i in a minority here?

blue_peg_16v
26-02-10, 04:14 PM
i try to be polite even with cold callers been there doing that job but the ones that dont listen are annoying and i have done that before

also told them i cant speak as just leaving the house when im not going anywere

Southie
I said it to the other half about 1 hour ago, I'm in the sh!t lol

blue_peg_16v
lol

dog house

MK999
26-02-10, 04:15 PM
i try to be polite even with cold callers been there doing that job but the ones that dont listen are annoying and i have done that before

"That all sounds very interesting but the doorbell just rang, i'll be back in a second" only done it a couple times but managed around 15 minutes before they hung up lol

novaguy08
26-02-10, 04:44 PM
not said that exactly, however whenever have cold caller I used to enjoy getting to the point of sale then tell them im not interested lol

however right now I just tell them to bugger off & take them off their calling lists!!

Did have 3 mobile call me the other day & I told them I had just upgraded my phone and it wasn't due for another 2 years lol

Jack
26-02-10, 04:48 PM
Always fun to shout "OH SH!T" in a panicked tone a split second before hanging up. Just to see how many call back asking whats the matter lol

As for cold callers I just remind them I'm on the TPS. Most hang up when I keep reminding them they're breaking the law by ringing me :d

Bubba
26-02-10, 04:54 PM
TPS? Toilet Presentation Society?

Mike
26-02-10, 04:56 PM
When a i get a cold caller, i let them say there peice then ask them if they need or want any decorating doing.

Jack
26-02-10, 05:00 PM
TPS? Toilet Presentation Society?
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

MK999
26-02-10, 05:00 PM
When a i get a cold caller, i let them say there peice then ask them if they need or want any decorating doing.

lol, awesome, that's poetic justice right there lol

brainsnova
26-02-10, 05:17 PM
i usually say hold on 2 seconds and lay the phone down and go back to what i was doing then as i pass to put the kettle on hang up.

Hobbit
26-02-10, 06:20 PM
Always fun to shout "OH SH!T" in a panicked tone a split second before hanging up. Just to see how many call back asking whats the matter lol

lol I like that one, might try it :)

I like to answer the phone by shouting "WHAT!?!" usually get a stunned silence then a very nervous hello :d

Andy
26-02-10, 06:25 PM
I love cold callers...especially the foreign ones i love to rip fukk out of them!
"hello could we speak to the homeowner please?"
"Nah sorry i dont smoke"
It always goes quiet then LOL
Im also on that list thing where its illegal to ring me

Novaboi_1991
26-02-10, 06:25 PM
lol I like that one, might try it :)

I like to answer the phone by shouting "WHAT!?!" usually get a stunned silence then a very nervous hello :d

Then a family member or a friend calls on a different number... WHAT!?!... ''Are you ok dear :tard: '' lol

Dave.
26-02-10, 06:29 PM
We get laods of cold clalers here

Best one we do..

"Hello, can i speak to the homeowner please?"
"This is he, Steven Gerrard"
"THE Steven Gerrard? Who plays for Liverpool FC?"
"No, haha SIKKEE!!"

Hang up lol

Its because we have a Liverpool area code, gets them every time :D

mowgli
26-02-10, 06:38 PM
i did have an old style answerphone....

my message was

'hello...............(louder) HELLO............(Bit louder) HEELLLOOO........(really loud) HELLLLLOOOOO......................sorry, i'm not in at the moment, please leave a message after the tone....'

i got some belting messages left

Andy
26-02-10, 06:39 PM
lol like today at work,had to sign into a shop i was doing work at and proceeded to call myself Fernando Torres lol

mowgli
26-02-10, 06:43 PM
my old boss's wife really was called elizabeth taylor... she used to get some fantastic responses from cold callers

novaguy08
26-02-10, 07:03 PM
I did actually tell someone my name was slarty bartsfart for a giggle, they seemed confused lol

I told them I could tell them the answer to the ultimate question, life, and everything..........

Think that the name of the game with cold callers is to see how stunned you can make them, if they just hang up then its a win, however if they hanging saying "What the......" then its an epic win ;)

Jon_nova1
26-02-10, 07:14 PM
lol Sorry, i think i have the best one

let them have their say, then ask if its free, when they say no i say "nar, i don't want it then" lol

L14MNP
26-02-10, 07:49 PM
I ask them about their company, if they know who the owner is, how many work there etc. If I CBA that is. lol

mowgli
26-02-10, 08:11 PM
my missus had a cold caller on once & couldn't understand him.. he put his supervisor on & he was just as bad, out of frustration, she yelled 'where the hell are you from???'

'Newcastle'

bazil
26-02-10, 08:44 PM
my mate answering message;

Hello............aye how you doing................o right aye...................eh yer talking to an answering machine ya nuggett.

i much prefer answering unknown numbers with;
HELLO ozzies pet shop ozzie speaking.. lol

novaguy08
26-02-10, 08:55 PM
"Southampton Morgue, you kill 'em we chill 'em" is my favourite for unknowns, actually did this answer to the local nursing home.

dj_wudgey
27-02-10, 10:44 AM
Anyone else end a telephone conversation with "get fcuk off my phone anyway, im busy" an then hang up. Even if your not busy, an even if you called them lol

Or am i in a minority here?

damn right i have lol

Jack
27-02-10, 03:25 PM
I love cold callers...especially the foreign ones i love to rip fukk out of them!
"hello could we speak to the homeowner please?"
"Nah sorry i dont smoke"
It always goes quiet then LOL
Im also on that list thing where its illegal to ring me
That just made me LOL lol

adam c
27-02-10, 05:22 PM
Had some cold callers ring me asking if i owed any debt(which i dont!i dont even own a credit card and dont even have a phone bill etc)

Asian cold caller:Hello have you any outstanding debt?
Me:yeah i have actually!
Acc:how much may i ask please?
Me:36 million pound....sterling
Acc:36 million!!as in 3...6...0...0...0...0
Me:Nah i mean as in 3..6...0...0...0...0...0

*Runs off to get supervisor*

Supervisor comes on phone asks me all same questions and the asks me how much i pay back a month!

Me:i pay back £122,000 a month on the 32nd of every month
Acc supervisor: do you have trouble paying it back?
Me:what do you think?

Then left it 30 seconds to see what his reaction was but then had to put the phone down as i ended up laughing too much!lol ..Needless to say they have never rung me back!

twistysnovagte
27-02-10, 05:31 PM
lmao adam c

although give it time theyll ring you up again!

Hayley
28-02-10, 12:51 PM
We actually get cold callers coming through our emergency 999 system in our Police control room.
coz they show up on our touch screen as 999, we answer them with "police emergency?" there is always a bit of a silence and then a rather sheepish person apologising that their system has somehow gone through to an emergency number. I just say, "oh its ok, but hope you realise that you have just blocked this number so a possible real emergency hasnt been able to get through. lets hope no-one is getting murdered!"

makes me laugh but it is actually true, only so many lines we have free for 999's to come in

dam annoying things!