PDA

View Full Version : what to do

waynes sri
26-02-10, 03:53 PM
dont wori i havent put it in the wrong thread lol i ant got it for sale just wondering what you think has it is sometime next month ill be redundant:( but i have a 08 plate vectra SRI 1.8 vvti which as the xp kit and the 19 inch snowflakes and everymonth robs the bank for a payment lol and it would be a big help to sell it.i took it back to vauxhall other day to do so but only had it bout 9 month if that and they wana give me **** all for it in fact would cost me 2000 to get rid.so he said sell it private but would you trust buying it of someone thats got it to pay for because i was thinking of doing it and when they give me the cash pay it off?

g111mds
26-02-10, 03:59 PM
different ways to do it. If its on finance an hpi check should show this. I'd be up front and take them with you to when you pay the balance off. Other route is to take a personal loan out to settle the finance and then the car will be clear to sell and you can sort the loan out etc with the funds.

let_nova
26-02-10, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=cYd8F8l8YjI&v=MXiJBp7HK5o

blue_peg_16v
26-02-10, 04:01 PM
if there was outstanding finance on a car i wouldnt touch it to be fair nothing against you mate i just wouldnt, if it was a loan thats not tied to the car but with the finance there i wouldnt have you tryed a different dealership either sheffield or doncaster?

General Baxter
26-02-10, 04:01 PM
problem is i really doubt you will sell it for enough cash to pay the HP loan off,

what APR was it ?

blue_peg_16v
26-02-10, 04:02 PM
different ways to do it. If its on finance an hpi check should show this. I'd be up front and take them with you to when you pay the balance off. Other route is to take a personal loan out to settle the finance and then the car will be clear to sell and you can sort the loan out etc with the funds.

wont get a loan if hes aware hes going to be made redundant

g111mds
26-02-10, 04:04 PM
if you've financed the purchase price and bought from a dealer, there will be a gap between settlement figure and what the cars worth. I got caught in a similar way about 12 years ago and that was the first and last time i used garage finance!

g111mds
26-02-10, 04:05 PM
wont get a loan if hes aware hes going to be made redundant true.

waynes sri
26-02-10, 04:20 PM
yes i was going to get a bank loan but 1st thing they as is bout is your job safe blah blah haha.and yea id defo take them with me to pay it off im honest like that any way off top mi head was bout 9grand i lent and other day said to me we wolud give you 6grand and i still owe 8600 *******!!!lol 6 grand takes piss

muzzy
26-02-10, 04:22 PM
I personally wouldn't buy a car with HP owed on it, I would be worried that the story was all made up or something similar.

It's a tough situation unless you can find someone to buy it and get good money through a private sale.

blue_peg_16v
26-02-10, 04:25 PM
yes i was going to get a bank loan but 1st thing they as is bout is your job safe blah blah haha.and yea id defo take them with me to pay it off im honest like that any way off top mi head was bout 9grand i lent and other day said to me we wolud give you 6grand and i still owe 8600 *******!!!lol 6 grand takes piss

dealers arnt gonna give you alot if your not buying another, if they give you market value there not going to be able to make a profit plus most places that sell finance get money if you default anyway so the garage in away want you to miss payments so they get more money

my dad found this out when he bought a sofa tryed to barter with them saying its cash bloke turned round and said thats the price dont want your cash we make more on people defaulting through bonus payments form finance company takes the piss realy

craig green
26-02-10, 04:34 PM
I just wish I could actually understand the 1st post.

Edd
26-02-10, 04:37 PM
Yeah I gave up half way into it

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-02-10, 04:46 PM
I just wish I could actually understand the 1st post.

He bought a car on finance, got made redundent, wants to no peoples opinion about sellling it private and paying the outstanding payment off with the cash from the sale also,if you would trust some one who said they would pay the outstanding money off with the cash.

Edd
26-02-10, 04:52 PM
^^^ in that case I would say that most people that do a Hpi on it and find out about the finance will walk away, you might get lucky with someone that doesn't do the check tho

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
26-02-10, 05:34 PM
i would not personally buy a car with exsisting finance not worth it really but some one might consider it if you like you said pay wile there with you

waynes sri
26-02-10, 08:48 PM
He bought a car on finance, got made redundent, wants to no peoples opinion about sellling it private and paying the outstanding payment off with the cash from the sale also,if you would trust some one who said they would pay the outstanding money off with the cash.well least you and others made sence of it lol yea even before they did the hpi id tell them wouldnt try to hide it lol

g111mds
26-02-10, 09:03 PM
could also be worth getting in touch with the finance company to see if they would allow you to assign / novate the finance agreement to the new owner. Very much a long shot, but, if someone you know wanted to take the car and pay the remaining finance with you making some form of one off contribution, it could be an option. Probably would need to be 'selling' to someone you know though for this. Just a thought.

Jamie

waynes sri
26-02-10, 09:29 PM
could also be worth getting in touch with the finance company to see if they would allow you to assign / novate the finance agreement to the new owner. Very much a long shot, but, if someone you know wanted to take the car and pay the remaining finance with you making some form of one off contribution, it could be an option. Probably would need to be 'selling' to someone you know though for this. Just a thought.

Jamiecheers jamie and every1 else for your views guess ill after see what happens one thing is ill have my pride n joy the nova