PDA

View Full Version : one step closer the getting the nova on the road

g111mds
26-02-10, 03:37 PM
well, got some new insurance sorted out for the nova today so now only need some tax, and some better weather, and its on the road. Should be hitting the streets on Friday 1 April - can't wait!:thumb:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/g111mds/png/new2.jpg

blue_peg_16v
26-02-10, 04:04 PM
nice to see iys going to get used

g111mds
26-02-10, 04:07 PM
nice to see iys going to get used

won't be in daily use as I've got the daily hack for that. Will be good to finally get some use out of it though and take it to a few shows.

blue_peg_16v
26-02-10, 04:10 PM
cant wait to get my daily back on the road winter roads are no good for novas

Southie
26-02-10, 04:16 PM
I do like your MK2 a colour I've always wanted mine. :cool:

My novas the only car I have so it's seen the full brunt of winter, arch replacement this year I reckon.

muzzy
26-02-10, 04:17 PM
Wish my Nova anywhere near getting on the road :(

Nova really suit's that colour, not a big Speedline fan but some Nova's just suit them down to the ground.

vaughanmc
26-02-10, 05:52 PM
Looks lovely Jamie, you'll need to let me know one night your taking it out so I can come for a hurl in it

Southie
26-02-10, 05:55 PM
Looks lovely Jamie, you'll need to let me know one night your taking it out so I can come for a hurl in it
A hurl from where I'm from is to be sick so take a sick bag lol

craig green
26-02-10, 06:18 PM
Lovelee motor.

If you take that to any shows, its sure to pull a crowd, sadly you'll over hear a lot of bad comments from jealous types aswell.

vaughanmc
26-02-10, 06:22 PM
A hurl from where I'm from is to be sick so take a sick bag lol

lol

Connor
26-02-10, 06:39 PM
Legendary and lovely car
glad it is still road going
Cant wait to see it at the shows this year :thumb:

vaughanmc
26-02-10, 06:52 PM
PNG Scotland Convoy :thumb:

craig green
26-02-10, 07:00 PM
Did K95 used to be lower?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/HOT%20METAL/img009.jpg

stevie78
26-02-10, 07:01 PM
would like a nosey at this since its so local lol nice car

MK999
26-02-10, 07:02 PM
Looks about the same height to me Craig, maybe 5-10mm in it?

craig green
26-02-10, 07:04 PM
When it was in MAX Power, it looked slammed. My question was maybe more of a probe into what suspension it has on it now, surely its been replaced at some point?

MK999
26-02-10, 07:11 PM
Ah I see, seems I screwed up your eloquent plan, sorry lol

fearless
26-02-10, 07:58 PM
Did K95 used to be lower?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/HOT%20METAL/img009.jpg

Used to have a massive sub box in the boot - not sure if thats been removed now

RJM25R
26-02-10, 08:39 PM
Yeah the sub box got flogged a few years ago ll!

g111mds
26-02-10, 08:52 PM
thanks for the comments!

it may well be sitting slightly higher now, certainly at the front although if it is, theres not much in it:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/g111mds/png/new5.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/g111mds/png/new4.jpg

'When it was in MAX Power, it looked slammed. My question was maybe more of a probe into what suspension it has on it now, surely its been replaced at some point?' - to be honest, i've no idea what suspension it has on at the moment. Its only been up the private road near the house (where pics have been taken) and while its firm, its not too harsh.

in terms of the shows, hopefully it will get some good comments but time will tell. As i've mentioned before, it does need a really good clean, polish and also a tidy up under the bonnet. So far i've cleaned and treated the leather which has made a big difference. Its sits under a cover in the garage so haven't really seen the need to wash it down so far. Will need to be cleaned up ready for the first outing in April. Most of the dirt / dust will be from the trip home on the trailer as it was fairly clean when i got it but the trip back was mainly in the wet.

g111mds
26-02-10, 08:53 PM
Yeah the sub box got flogged a few years ago ll!

boot is empty bar some speaker wiring. Infinity speakers in door pods (although grill badges now missing) and in the dash at each corner.

Big_Chap
26-02-10, 09:14 PM
When it was in MAX Power, it looked slammed. My question was maybe more of a probe into what suspension it has on it now, surely its been replaced at some point?

if I remember correctly it has AVO gtz coilovers, although they were a bit stuffed around the spring seat threads, nothing a good removal and wire brush sesh wouldn't fix! Sits nice as it is though

craig green
26-02-10, 09:37 PM
Put a big sub box back in it, 90's style FTW.

dj_wudgey
27-02-10, 10:36 AM
nice matey you will be having fun in that then lol

dj_wudgey
27-02-10, 10:36 AM
Put a big sub box back in it, 90's style FTW.

im not one for this me strip and cage it lol

g111mds
27-02-10, 11:09 AM
if I remember correctly it has AVO gtz coilovers, although they were a bit stuffed around the spring seat threads, nothing a good removal and wire brush sesh wouldn't fix! Sits nice as it is though

Thanks, will check that!

Plans this year are just to keep it clean and take it to a couple of shows. Have some plans forming for the winter period but will see how it goes. Mind you, been getting Performance VW over the last few months and some of those motors just look amazing. Time will tell though...

Jamie

novaload1992
27-02-10, 12:24 PM
that looks great, i can see why you want that back out on the road.

Richie_B
27-02-10, 01:39 PM
Looks good / clean.

What's the significance of April 1st?

RJM25R
27-02-10, 03:39 PM
thanks for the comments!

in terms of the shows, hopefully it will get some good comments but time will tell. As i've mentioned before, it does need a really good clean, polish and also a tidy up under the bonnet. So far i've cleaned and treated the leather which has made a big difference. Its sits under a cover in the garage so haven't really seen the need to wash it down so far. Will need to be cleaned up ready for the first outing in April. Most of the dirt / dust will be from the trip home on the trailer as it was fairly clean when i got it but the trip back was mainly in the wet.

What needs doing under the bonnet???

Just being nosey as it was mint when I sold it (2 and a half years ago though to be fair!)

The suspension on the car was great on smooth road but it was horrible on rough tarmac to me!!! It had Avo's on it, and the lad who bought it off me was gonna have them refurbed because when he had it MOT'd they were leaking. Dunno if he ever did though!!!!

MK999
27-02-10, 03:50 PM
the lad who bought it off me was gonna have them refurbed because when he had it MOT'd they were leaking. Dunno if he ever did though!!!!

That's why they feel softer now lol

g111mds
28-02-10, 12:24 AM
April the 1st is just the date its going on the road. At the moment, only planning on taxing it for six months so was looking to try and cover the main spell of reasonable weather.

'What needs doing under the bonnet???

Just being nosey as it was mint when I sold it (2 and a half years ago though to be fair!)'

Under the bonnet is really only needing a really good clean and polish (as is the rest of the car). Doesn't look like the brightwork / strut brace has been cleaned up for some time. Won't be too much to bring it up good.

I remember you putting it up for sale and it doesn't seem anything like to 2 and a half years ago!!

Jamie

RJM25R
28-02-10, 02:42 PM
November 2007 I sold it!