PDA

View Full Version : brakes

novaboy_southwest
12-04-03, 12:41 AM
would any one know whats up with my breaks they r acting like a women no ofence gals but one min they r fine and nxt they dont wanna know would it be just that they r worm or would it be the sliders not working properly i know its not the brake lines or the servo as the break pressure builds up fine i think they slightly stick as sumtimes the car is slow pulling away after braking and it sounds like they stick when i pull away as u can here the pad rubbing on the disc and when i had new pad done they said sliders were seised but they do work they jut have there odd moments

rysmee
12-04-03, 12:55 AM
sounds like you've answered your own question! i think we should slaughter the person whoever invented nova brakes.. i mean .. did they want thing to stop or what?
ditch them.... get late gsi or if your wheels allow ate (16v)for the same money you can buy ONE new nova shit caliper.. do they actually think anyone will buy another one?!? ok.. so i did.. but that was along time ago.

novaboy_southwest
12-04-03, 12:58 AM
yea my wheels should allow 16v clipers as i have 15" multispokes i am on a really tight budget so do u think i could swipe some calipers of a calibra or vectra from the local scrappy as long as they r in good nick

rysmee
12-04-03, 01:41 AM
astra or cav. vectras are 5 stud i think.

rysmee
12-04-03, 01:43 AM
if you cant be arsed to source them yourself:
http://www.vpsc.co.uk/ will sort you out.. to your door and quite cheap.

bloke
12-04-03, 09:26 PM
yea i think i got the same problem. where do you live nova south west, i live in the south west too!

novaboy_southwest
12-04-03, 09:48 PM
i am from sunny old swindon

Chris LR
12-04-03, 10:46 PM
You think Nova brakes ae bad???

Saxo ones arn't really all that much better, and Landy ones? It's deffo quicker to jump out the back...

mikeoxford
12-04-03, 11:43 PM
to be fair, apart from having 2ltr brakes or better on the nova, the only decent brakes ive used on a hot hatch is when driving moms metro. they seem to be sh!t hot :) which is suprising for a pink 5 door car :lol:

rallyslag
12-04-03, 11:58 PM
i was looking at the remains of an old 1.3 metro and it had bloody vented discs and 4 pots!!

Why could vauxhall not of put them on, i'm sick of crappy slidin single pots!!!!!!!

mikeoxford
13-04-03, 12:01 AM
i was looking at the remains of an old 1.3 metro and it had bloody vented discs and 4 pots!!

Why could vauxhall not of put them on, i'm sick of crappy slidin single pots!!!!!!!

*stares at a nice set of 4 pot wilwoods colour coded ready to go on :D*

*awaits alloy delivery* :lol: :twisted: 8)

ZuG
13-04-03, 12:13 AM
my nova has vented brakes as standard( or at least i think they are), still shit though :)

rallyslag
13-04-03, 12:16 AM
Quality, think i might go a bit mad and buy the wilwood kit, not too bad for about ?350!! Unless i can get my 16v brakes working properly that is!!! :evil:

Stuart
13-04-03, 10:35 AM
i got 1.2i calipers (smaller ATE than on the 16V) and they stop 100% better than the old delco calipers. and i'd assume that the 16V vanted set stop even better :)

Chris LR
13-04-03, 07:11 PM
I once got mine to lock up.....

Landy is seriously worse than the Nova, it's only got drum brakes, It takes an age to stop, which is scary because it only weighs 1/2 ton. I could fit a servo but I haven't heard great things about em. Might get a parachute :roll: